+ Reply to Thread

Thread: getting my item level up

getting my item level up

so im lvl 81 and i have 158 item lvl.someones been buggin me lately about runnin dungeons with him but my item lvls to low to run any of the cata dungeons(i usually do dungeons anyway when i get tired of questing but i havent lately cuz ya.my item lvls to low)

if i just bought a bunch of cata greens on the ah and sent them to my warrior(i think item lvl for dungeons counts stuff if your bags)would that give me enough item lvl to run dungeons cuz all ive did lately was just pvp and do quests

Do you have BoA on or in your bags? That ilvl of 1 really screws you for lfg in Cata. If you quest a bit and keep all the greens you get and the few blues that will jump your ilvl pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Do you have BoA on or in your bags? That ilvl of 1 really screws you for lfg in Cata. If you quest a bit and keep all the greens you get and the few blues that will jump your ilvl pretty quick.
    hmm so if i got rid of all my boas my item level would go up? cuz ya,i have full boas(helmet,chest,back,the 2h axe,bow,both the dps trinkets)i dont know if i had quest greens to cover them but if i got rid of those would my item level go from 158 to whatevers needed to run the dungeons cuz i didnt figure having boas would gimp my item level that bad

im not sure if i have quest greens to cover the boas but meh.i have alot of gold so i guess i could just buy some crap greens on the ah and use em.i didnt think that boas would gimp my item lvl like that though

I don't know if putting some pieces in your bank will do it; I think it will, but just having the items in your bag to cover the BoA slots should work. Should be a just a handful of quests to get you the items. The items don't have to be toon appropriate i.e. a pally can have a 333 cloth item his bags and it will count to the ilvl.

Yeah anything you find in cata is gonna beat out the BoA's esp since the exp boost stops when you hit 81, I believe. I was in the same situation, replacing the robe and shoulders bumped my ilvl a TON to where i could actually queue cata dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
    Yeah anything you find in cata is gonna beat out the BoA's esp since the exp boost stops when you hit 81, I believe. I was in the same situation, replacing the robe and shoulders bumped my ilvl a TON to where i could actually queue cata dungeons.
    Me too on my shammy, just finished getting her to 85 on Saturday, but completely forgot that I ditched the shoulders and the chest when I hit 80 cause no more xp boost. Also I only used the helm and cloak up to 85, no trinkets or weapon.

well,having the items in your bag doesnt really help.i just bought chest,shoulders and a helmet that were some lvl 85 blues(i didnt equip them though but they wernt even for a warrior)and my item lvl never went up

unless its because i dont really have any other greens in my inventory besides those.although i never took my boas out so i dont know maybe that could of been the reason,i can never find warrior greens on the ah though so i guess im kinda screwed as far as that route goes

unless i could just buy some random greens that are lvl 81 and use them

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sisters-of-elune/Mudkipzz/simple

i
    f it matters thats my character but ya,i pretty much have like 1 cata green in my inventory besides the blues i just bought.i dont have enough honor to buy pvp stuff or i would of already did that
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 09-22-2011 at 01:18 PM.

You have to put stuff on to raise your characters ilvl, as far as I can tell. Even if its you just equipped cloth to queue in, I suppose? But you should be replacing your BoA's anyhow, even random greens can blow them away in stats.

Edit: Just got told in shoutbox you need to be able to equip the items for it to count, oops.

getting my item level up

You do not have to equip them...you simply have to be able to equip them. If it requires level 84 and you are 81, it doesn't count. It counts the highest equipable ilvl for each slot. It does bot average them. Wearing boa or having it in your bag is ok as long as you have an equipable piece for that slot in your bags.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    You do not have to equip them...you simply have to be able to equip them. If it requires level 84 and you are 81, it doesn't count. It counts the highest equipable ilvl for each slot. It does bot average them. Wearing boa or having it in your bag is ok as long as you have an equipable piece for that slot in your bags.
    so basically,if i had a bunch of lvl 81 blues and greens in my inventory id be able to queue up? or would just replacing my shoulders and chest be good.cuz i bought some random blue tank(even though i queue as arms)chest and shoulders and was gonna equip them later to see if my item lvl goes up but i dont know if i wanna waste gold on a bunch of blues and greens just to get my item lvl up

actually,i just sent some lvl 81 blues to my alt and ya my item lvl went from 158 to 194
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 09-22-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Out of curiosity, you really couldn't get a better neck than that one since you did SM?

Quote Originally Posted by Veldine View Post
    Out of curiosity, you really couldn't get a better neck than that one since you did SM?
    That happens. I think I had some stupid trinket from Gnomer well into Northend. In the end it's just leveling and the dungeons on the way to Cata heroics are lol easy.

+ Reply to Thread