+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VP bracer options

VP bracer options

For a late-coming protection paladin, should the dodge/parry or hit/mastery bracers be used? Given that the hit can be reforged to either dodge or parry as need be, does the raw mastery benefit make the hit/mastery bracers a viable option?

The Bracers of Regal Force have yellow gem socket and with reforging the dodge to mastery and a pure mastery gem can end up having the most raw combat table coverage of the vendor bracers
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 09-21-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks much for the response

The bracers from Majordomo are superior to both Valor Point items.

True, but the person I'm thinking of is 4/7 firelands and hasn't gotten a raid post-nerf yet.

Not to mention that tanking drops are a freaking myth. if you depend on them you still be in last tier gear for a month.Downing each boss 6 times, i Havent seen the helm or shield from baleroc once, chest or sword from bethilace once, that bracer, shoulders either off rag or off alyz.Actualy, only tank drops i have seen are the belt from shannox and trinket off beth (and a couple of tier tokens).

Avoidance bracers is my choice, reforge parry away and gem a +40 mastery.

Actually I prefer the valor avoidance bracers over the majordomo bracers for combat table coverage.

After reforging valor bracers give a bonus 128 dodge vs majordomo bracers 39 parry / 49 mastery / 54 str, so converting str to parry and comparing the two it comes down to 74 avoidance rating vs 49 mastery rating. Or you could say ~.418% avoidance pre DR vs .41% block.

Given that most people are knocking on the door of unhittable or already at it, the valor bracers give a higher reduction in damage intake with almost identical % count towards unhittable.

+ Reply to Thread