+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avenger's of Hyjal Trinkets

Avenger's of Hyjal Trinkets

What's the general opinion on the Avenger's of Hyjal trinkets? My Pally got to revered last night and I was looking at the healing trinket which is a Sprit trinket with an intellect boost on use. The tank trinket is a dodge trinket with a damage absorb/damage return on equip. Then there's the Mastery (it's a good slug of Mastery) and strength on use (or agility on use for the other one).

All in all I'm kind of on the fence with regard to these. For my priest I'd get the spirit one, but for my pally I hate to give up intellect (I have Jaws of Defeat, Pickled Egg from new Holiday boss, Moonwell, Tsanumi card, and Alchemist Stone to mix and match with) In Prot spec I use the Alchemist Stone and TB trinket (I have the MF Daily Stam/Dodge on use one too).

I guess it's a long way of saying, I think the AH trinkets kind of suck, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

I quite like the AH healing trinket for my pala (not that I have anything else mind). You can reforge the spirit to haste if your regen is enough and 25 seconds of 1150 intellect (about 15k mana) every 90 seconds is pretty awesome (spirit regen is tied to your intellect).

As for tanking, I'm using the mastery/str use trinket on most fights, unless I need the mirror.

The mastery/agility one is pretty awesome for assassination rogues, maybe also bear druids.

That makes sense, I'll them a try see how they feel.

Yeah. I've even been thinking about the dodge trinket for my prot set just to keep around if I want to try to put together an avoidance set. Since there are no diminishing returns for mastery, what do you think about equipping both the mastery trinkets?

-"what do you think about equipping both the mastery trinkets?"
    Its what i do. What im trying to figure out is when i get a few upgrades and dont need 2 trinkets for the block cap, will i
    a) use a stam trinket
    b) use the dodge trinket
    c) use both mastery trinkets and regem/reforge all my gear.
    not made my mind yet. Not looking like ill need extra stam for heroics, specially with the nerfs. But meager dodge increases dont feel appealing either.

Getting the Spirit trinket for my Shaman, reforge some other stuff to keep the hitcap, 1min30 is perfect for my Elemental Mastery cooldown!

If the On Use isn't shared I might get both for my Resto spec and reforge the crit.
    On my Warrior I'ld probably pick up the Mastery/Strength one if I ever get the rep, pop the on Use on some abilities and ignore it for the rest

PS: If you're over Unhittable cap, think about regemming more to Stamina, it'll give you more breathing room for your healers and more AP through Vengeance cap increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I bought the spirit, the two mastery and the dodge one yesterday. I equipped the Spirit in place of my Pickled Egg (or Tsumani or Moonwell) and did a troll heroic to max my VP for the week. I liked the extra mana regen and the intell on use let me throw out some Divine Light bombs, not that I use much more than Holy Shock and WoG these days in there, but I had to see what a DL crit with the extra intell was like.

I have no avoidance trinkets for my tank set so I'll play around with the dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    PS: If you're over Unhittable cap, think about regemming more to Stamina, it'll give you more breathing room for your healers and more AP through Vengeance cap increase.
    Personally I'm shooting for 26 exp after unhittable. After that I'll probably just dump into stam because it will give more EH and a bigger vengeance pool. So I'm keeping double mastery trinkets and reforging / regemming as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    What's the general opinion on the Avenger's of Hyjal trinkets? My Pally got to revered last night and I was looking at the healing trinket which is a Sprit trinket with an intellect boost on use.

All in all I'm kind of on the fence with regard to these. For my priest I'd get the spirit one, but for my pally I hate to give up intellect (I have Jaws of Defeat, Pickled Egg from new Holiday boss, Moonwell, Tsanumi card, and Alchemist Stone to mix and match with)
    Jaws of Defeat is, used properly (pop it before a heavy spam phase or better yet, in conjunction with Divine Favor) going to be the best of the lot.

For the other slot, I personally would run with the Alch Stone for its extra Int and Haste and also keep Tsunami in my bags in case I run into mana issues. FQ is okay but I think you have better options.

I love the Jaws of Defeat.

Just wondering what is the block cap?

The point at which your block, parry, dodge and miss chances add up to 102.4% on the character pane.

Cool tyvm

+ Reply to Thread