+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Block Rounding

Block Rounding

Probably hoax, but who knows.

Some weird CTC behavior certainly happened in this tier.

Copying from EJ:

that doesnt have full CTC tho. You have 67,97 Block meaning you have .97 wasted block chance.
    You do not recieve benefit from mastery untill you reach a full percentage of benefit from the mastery rating.

You get one mastery point for each 179,28 worth of mastery rating.
    You get 1.5 block and critical block chance per mastery point.

179.28 / 1.5 = 119.52

You do only get benefit from mastery every 119.52 worth of mastery rating (rounding down)
    What this means is that if you're sitting on 4299 (as you are in your example), you've wasted 116 mastery rating, which could of gone to other nonwasted stats, like parry. Or you can change one gem from stamina + mastery to pure mastery so that u reach 4319 mastery, which is only 17 rating above the next breakpoint, leaving far less mastery wasted.
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by kopcap; 09-20-2011 at 08:49 AM.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110306-...ing_questions/

Q) Does mastery round down?
    A) No. Although the tooltip in game makes it look like mastery gets rounded down to whole points, testing indicates that you do get the full value of the mastery, so 16.99 mastery is definitely better than 16.01 mastery for instance.
    Hope the above is true, because I think I can hit 102.4% now; would be just my luck that I'm still off...

You actually need about 108% for H rag and H baleroc. At 102.4% you will still see about 6% completely unmitigated melee hits.

It looks like blizzard gave some bosses expertise.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I don't see 6%, I see 2% difference in the logs but I am pretty sure a lot of this is caused by missing buffs and movement mistakes.

It sees fully absorbed attacks as 'hits' so that might be part of the reason for the 6%.

+ Reply to Thread