[A] - <Darkness Within> - Kirin Tor - 7/7 FL 10m
Darkness Within is a Level 25 top end Alliance raiding guild on the US Kirin Tor server. We are a well established guild, comprised of talented players who have experienced all aspects of the game. Our members have a simple common goal: successful raid progression. Members of Darkness Within are knowledgeable about and focused on end-game content, and have amassed vast experience as we have progressed over the years.
Cataclysm Progression -
Firelands 10m - 7/7
Firelands 25m - 4/7
Throne of the Four Winds 10m - 2/2
Throne of the Four Winds 25m - 1/2
Blackwing Descent 10m - 2/7 Heroic
Blackwing Descent 25m - 1/7 Heroic
Bastion of Twilight 10m - 1/5 Heroic
Bastion of Twilight 25m - 4/4
Baradin Hold 10/25 - 2/2
Wrath of the Lich King Progression -
Ruby Sanctum 10/25 - 4/4
Icecrown Citadel 10m - 12/12 Heroic (Realm 1st)
Icecrown Citadel 25m - 11/12 Heroic
Icecrown Citadel 25m - 12/12 (Realm 1st)
Tribute to Insanity
Alone in the Darkness
Orbital Bombardment (World 30th)
Sun-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Invites go out at 11:30pm, 1st Pull by Midnight
Fri-Mon 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
Invites go out at 6:30pm, 1st Pull by 7:00PM
- We have completed and are continuing to clear many Achievements.
- Members run other instances on off-nights and before/after raids, including heroics, 10 man instances, PvP/arena groups, alt runs, etc.
Current Recruitment Levels - Low=L, Medium=M, High=H
Death Knight - M
Druid - Balance - M, Resto - M, Feral Tank - L, Feral Cat - N/A
Hunter - L
Mage - L
Priest - Healer - H, Shadow - M
Rogue - H
Shaman - M
Warlock - L
Warrior - L
Paladin - N/A
- Applicants should be prepared to start raiding immediately upon joining.
- We are currently recruiting for Cataclysm progression, applicants should have gear and experience suitable to the content. Experience with achievements/hard mode encounters in current (and older content, where applicable) is a must.
- Omen, Deadly Boss Mods, and a few class-specific mods depending on your role.
- Ability to attend all raid days on a regular basis, with little to no major recurring conflicts.
- Ventrilo, and a working mic. Listening and speaking (at least to convey time-sensitive raid information) are both required.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring their "A game" to raids every night, not take excessive AFKs, follow instructions, pay attention, and be raid aware.
- A focus on progression. As a guild, our eyes are always on where we're going next, not where we've been. We move older content aside in favor of unkilled bosses and unfinished achievements, and push finished instances aside as soon as practical to leave more time for progression. If your goal is to farm old instances or "easy mode" bosses, this is not the guild for you.
- A sense of humor. We're rough around the edges, largely uncensored, and critical of each other. We make jokes at each other's expense, and give out constructive, but often blunt criticism when mistakes are made for the good of the raid. If you are easily offended by such things, you will not feel at home here.
- Courtesy of other players time. We do not use in game calendar or any other counterproductive in game method of scheduling regular raids. The Council has determined that some of the more casual guilds in their nature on our server even have players who show up ONLY for the raid instances and/or bosses that drop loot or have acievements that benefit them, and not the entirety of their guild. That is NOT how we do things in Darkness Within. Players that are raiders are expected to be on their mains before 11:30PM server time, if you know you can't do this on any given raid night, it is your responsibility to let the council member in charge of attendance records for your raid group know this information as soon as possible.
(example - logging in to vent intoxicated at 11:35PM to inform the guild that you can't raid that night and/or that you need to sleep and need to be up early the following day is not acceptable use of raid time. This does not count as an excuse as you have provided us no notice to make a suitable replacement)
After you submit an application on our website, we will contact you via in game mail within 1 week to either schedule an interview or decline your application. If all things go well we will bring you into the guild for a trial period where we will evaluate your overall performance, skill, attitude, and attendance. At the end the 2 weeks, or slightly before or after depending on performance, presuming all goes well, you will be promoted to member status. Most trial members will be tested in some way before progression raiding, and may be brought into the 25 man progression run during their trial period for "sink or swim" type evaluation... be prepared! (More information on our trial periods can be found on our application in the link to "Guild Ranks")
If you have any specific questions about the guild, the app process or anything not listed here, feel free to contact:
Shadow Envoy (Officer) - Lanzikai (Recruitment)
Shadow Council - Durlockozk (Recruitment)
Shadow Master (GM) - Setlo
Please do not contact other guild members simply to check the "status" of your application. If for some reason after 1 week you have not received a response to your application, feel free to contact us in game. Note: We do raid invites at 11:30PM CST, Whispering a member of the council or the GM to ask about your application during raid times is not likely to produce a desirable response.
Thank you and good luck! =)
Tags for this Thread