+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elemental Shaman looking for gear advice

Elemental Shaman looking for gear advice

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ploz/advanced

I have looked on Maxdps.com and found it a little confussing. It is telling me that Darkmoon Tsunami and Core of Ripeness are two of the better trinkets I can get, but it lists them almost 100 dps different from each other. Since I am hit capped and they both give +321 int I don't see why they would be so different. That makes me wonder just how accurate the site is in general. So, if anyone can point me toward a site I can use that would be very helpful. I guess I can understand that the +321 int would be a dps increase, but before I spend the resources to get it I was hoping for some advice.

Thanks,
    PN

Maxdps sucks. Look at a site like Elitist Jerks is a far better source of information. Its more mathy, and complex. But far greater detail, and accuracy. You will literally get your information from the source not a watered down guide.

DMC:V is one of the best ele trinkets. Why? Your fire ele works off of a system called snapshot stats. Which is when summoned for the next (2 or 4 minutes) he's up he will no matter what your stats are work off of the stats you had when he was summoned.

Core of ripeness maybe a DPS gain for ele simply because it has more int then your witching hour. The moonwell chalice from firelands dailies would be superior to Core.

So if you summon him when DMC:V is up he gains about 1k extra dps, so constantly summoning with DMC:V proc'd is a 1k dps gain across the whole boss fight.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

well the tsumani card and core of ripeness are more healer trinkets. If you're going to get a dmc made i would go with the volcano card and reforge the mastery to haste. For a jp trinket I would go with the soul casket and reforge the mastery to haste again.

From what i've heard from other people maxdps is extremely lacking. Try elitistjerks.com

Alright, thanks guys. I have been looking at elitistjerks.com but couldn't find any gear tables beyond a BIS, which didn't do much for me. I will look through it and take a little more time and see if I can find a gear list in there. My plan for now was to get DMC:V which I already have finished and just need to wait out the next two weeks to turn it in, and the Witching Hourglass. Thanks for confirming Maxdps is not the place to be looking as well.

Leethaxor, thank you for the info on the FE, I had no idea that was how it worked. This has been my 4th most used character for so long I don't know the ins and outs of him just yet. That will be a great help.

+ Reply to Thread