+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Return of Brucimus

Return of Brucimus

Brucimus has been getting the itch to return to WoW atleast in a casual way. I left the game after killing Arthas because I moved in my GF and she wasnt cool with me raiding 6 nights a week. She seems to be ok with me playing casually now and I have some time on my hands. The reason for me posting here in tech support is that I have my old laptop HP DV 2000 and I was questioning if it will be ok to run WoW

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 1.61GHz CPU
    Memory: 2.5 GB
    Hard Drive: 120 GB
    Video: GeForce 6150
    Windows 7

other question is ...can I simply plug in a monitor/tv so I dont have to game on the tiny 14 inch screen? is there anymore software/hardware involved?

Missing WoW and Tankspot,

Brucimus Maximus

I'd say that, you may be able to get WoW to run, on that rig, but it will not be especially fun, and you may experience a lot of trouble, if you intend to raid.

If your laptop has a monitor connection, like the small VGA, you could plug into a bigger monitor...it looks like the video card has the capability, anyway.

Is your Win7 64-bit, or 32-bit? If you have win7 64-bit, you'll soon be able to actually use much more RAM. I suspect that's coming, with the new expansion, since one can already download an unsupported version of it, to play.

I'd say, give it a try, but I'm highly skeptical that you'll enjoy it, for much more than banking, and gathering mats...maybe questing.

If it were me, I'd be shopping for a computer...it's highly possible to get a decent gaming rig, for under $1k, and maybe even something in the $500 range would work, much better...

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Blue; 02-20-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I'd say that, you may be able to get WoW to run, on that rig, but it will not be especially fun, and you may experience a lot of trouble, if you intend to raid.
    Very very true. You will have to run at rock bottom settings on 10 man, 25man will be almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Is your Win7 64-bit, or 32-bit? If you have win7 64-bit, you'll soon be able to actually use much more RAM. I suspect that's coming, with the new expansion, since one can already download an unsupported version of it, to play.
    Actually about 2-3 weeks ago
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Get a new computer, you really can't do much with that kind of machine.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

+ Reply to Thread