+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best professions for passive stats

Best professions for passive stats

Hello,

I assume that best professions that give passive stats are BS + JC at the moment (WoW Cata 4.2), but my question is when epic gems will be available will Chimera's Eye JC gems give the same bonus stats or they will get buff or something... because when epic gems will come and JC special gems will stay as they are, JC bonus stats will lose much compering to other standard passive +80 int/str/agi/whatever stat.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Subzeronoh/advanced

We're assuming that the Chimera's Eye gems will get a buff like the Dragon's Eye gems did back in Wrath in patch 3.2. Nothing has been confirmed or even talked about on Blizzard's end about this, though. I imagine we'll see it in the PTR patch notes when they start rolling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by outbackjack View Post
    We're assuming that the Chimera's Eye gems will get a buff like the Dragon's Eye gems did back in Wrath in patch 3.2. Nothing has been confirmed or even talked about on Blizzard's end about this, though. I imagine we'll see it in the PTR patch notes when they start rolling out.
    Thanks for that information
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Subzeronoh/advanced

You are also assuming there will be a roll out of epic gems in 4.3. Sure there is a high precedent for them to release them. However, with stat inflation already out of hand in this expansion, we could see no epic gems.

But yes, when epic gems are released we should not only see an increase in JC gem base stats but we should see an increase across the board in all passive profession stats to match the gains that BS will have with the increased gem stats on epic gems. Everyone gets +80 or +120 stats now, if the new epic stat gems are +45/75 we will see an increase on those numbers to be +90 and +150.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    However, with stat inflation already out of hand in this expansion, we could see no epic gems.
    That's a valid point. Just think about it for a moment, if you bring epic gems you'll also have to upgrade every other profession as well to match it or blacksmithing would have an noticeable edge.

Epic gems are coming from t13 boss kills. GC confirmed that in his interview with Lore. What he failed to mention was the way they planned to balance other professions, how cut designs would be obtained, etc. Obviously, with the move to epic gemming, Chimaira's Eyes will be getting a decent buff to compensate for the fact that epic gems wouldn't be too far behind.

It has been mentioned (looking for link) that the epic gems in 4.3 are most likely going to be 10 stat points more than the current rare quality gems available. since 10 = 25% increase from 40, expect profession benefits to increase about 25% more than current levels, since Blizzard has made it clear they hate "forcing" people to do things like pick up professions they don't have since theirs are now bad. /tinfoil hat: profession bonuses in 4.3 are likely to be in the ballpark of ~100 passive stat bonus on average, and other non-passive stat benefits (like engineer's glove tinker) will see a similar increase.

Information is from Lore's Ghostcrawler interview:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...A-Ghostcrawler

Actually, in the interview Greg Street mentions specificly that Blacksmiths will have a slightly better profession bonus because of the epic gems. This would mean they aren't changing any of the profession perks as such. Most likely because epic gems are only intended for T13 raiders, not for your average Joe, who would then have to drop Blacksmithing, as he has no access to affordable epic gems and thus it "underperforms".

As I read between the lines, I think the intent of the epic gems would be to mostly use them for you own 390-400+ gear and not to be the new default gem people will be using (as it was in tBC & WotLK)

Rare gem is the default, use a green if you're strapped on cash, use epic if you're gonna use that stuff for a while or are raiding ... Dragon Soul was it gonna be called, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread