+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something about me? (protwarr)

Something about me? (protwarr)

Hi master tanks! I just want to ask if you recommend me some changes with my tank:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hreat/advanced

I know i have obsidium cleaver and old shield from nefarian, but Im waiting for shield from Baleroc, sword and trinket from Bethtilac, but are my reforges, gems and enchants good? I want to be one of you - one of the best :-) Thanks for help guys. Threat

One thing that jumps out is on your belt your reforging out of dodge when you so much more parry then dodge.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    One thing that jumps out is on your belt your reforging out of dodge when you so much more parry then dodge.
    Oh thanks :-) so keep dodge and parry equal? :-) there is another tips to do it better?

Well you want to keep dodge and parry close for DR's. Parry is slightly more valuable for a warrior because of the hold the line talent.

You really aren't doing something MAJOR wrong, that I can see.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Well you want to keep dodge and parry close for DR's. Parry is slightly more valuable for a warrior because of the hold the line talent.

You really aren't doing something MAJOR wrong, that I can see.
    So if it's 1,5% it's great? I must look on it tomorrow, but you know. It's better to ask then do wrong things.

What's your "rotation"?, how much of your single target damage is heroic strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    What's your "rotation"?, how much of your single target damage is heroic strike?
    Here's his logs
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/22401/

Id say this thread is in the wrong forum.

Moved to HALP forums.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Get rid of Impending Victory and Thunderstruck and pick up 3/3 Incite and 3/3 Deep Wounds for way more single target dps.

Looking through your logs you don't use Berserker Rage nearly enough (if at all), it's a huge rage gain ability. Inherent you're not using Inner Rage enough -> way to less HS/Cleave, greatly reducing your damage output.

Looking at your Lord Antichrist kill this week, we have the same amount of Revenge/Shockwave but for you it's the top of your damage dealing abilities and for me it's the bottom... http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tja4f...?s=3158&e=3484

But that's only the offensive side, what really matters is your defensive play: usage of shield block. Over all bossfights you used FOURTEEN shieldblocks, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tja4f...13/?enc=bosses
    Yes, you're not maintanking Baleroc and kited on Shannox but 14? You should aim for at least 20% uptime on almost every boss you're actually tanking and on eg Staghelm you used the ability twice over 7 minutes (instead of 14 times through the entire fight, sporting for 33% uptime).

Other then that:
    a) watch your debuffs, track them (eg: Auracle). If you're the only one tanking you're responsible for not only keeping Thunderclap up but also Demo Shout (again Staghelm: zero percent uptime)
    b) watch your buffs, especially Sword & Board proccs. IIRC there's even a Blizzard-power aura for it? Use Shield Slam when it lits up and everytime it's off cooldown! You got more S&B proccs over that night then SS-usage, you should be sporting for way more SS then proccs. Besides that it looks like you was responsible for keeping up Battle Shout that night, but only 63% uptime for you and way less for others. Sadly that's inacceptable, not only greatly dumping your raid's dps but your own survivability.
    c) utilise your cooldowns, eg enraged regen isn't used that often - your healing trinket should be almost used on cooldown (5 times over all kills). Same for shieldwall, with only two minutes cooldown you can use it way more often.
    Last edited by klausi; 09-12-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Ah thanks Klausi! I will look at it tomorrow and after wednesday raid i will report here. Really thamls for that!

Geming looks good, gear will come in time, yadda yadda yadda....
    I would aim to get your parry:dodge ratio a little closer together as stated above. A 2% difference (unbuffed) is probably best (give or take .5%). With full raid buffs you get roughly 1 extra percentage point to parry, but nothing to dodge (since we no longer gain dodge from agility) so this will leave your parry sitting about 3 percentage points higher than dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by threatcz View Post
    Ah thanks Klausi! I will look at it tomorrow and after wednesday raid i will report here. Really thamls for that!
    Looking at your logs from this Id:

-Beth'tilac-
    I'd recommend swapping roles, you stay below and vigilance on the other tank so you can taunt all spinners and cleave them down. Your uptimes on berserker rage and shield block looks way better but your autoattack is still #2 of your damage dealt abilities while devastate, shield slam and heroic strike* should all be above it.

* unless you have to cleave

-Baleroc-
    Interesting strategy you got there, only using 4 soakers. But it works so just stay with it for normal mode Your autoattacks are #1 of your damage abilities, what did you do? You hit more revengen than devastate? Demoshout uptime only 56%. Shield block is only at 20% while you can really hit it on cooldown on that fight, there's just nothing else to do/worry about. Talk to your hunter, he's using a cat instead of providing a buff that isn't on the table just yet.

-Alysrazor-
    Shield Block is not only great on the survival side but also helps you on killing things (+100% shield slam damage!), hit it as often as you can. And for the rep trinket, you should use it on cooldown for the birds. Seeing you're an engineer you might want to use your gauntlets on cooldown, eg macroing it to shield block or shield slam.

-heroic Shannox-
    16% shieldblock uptime and 48% demoshout uptime. Revenge being your top ability? 36 uses over the entire fight, 5 seconds cooldown. That's 180 seconds or only half the duration of the fight. Anyways, you did fairly well on the more important part: jagged tear (debuff), 3 stacks maximum. Swapping roles and having you dealing with Riplimp could make things easier with more mobility from intervene/heroic leap/charge/intercept by looking at your offtank only using his sprint once. But it did work so you can stick to it as well.

heroic Rhyolith:
    You three heal it, this makes that fight considerable harder then it should be. You won't be able to get him in phase 2 before superheated and will die to an empowered stomp eventually. Three healing it also means you'll have to do fairly well on the dps side. On our first kill with 3 healer i pulled off ~22k dps, it's basically your job to replace a dps while spreading rend and cleave the fragments to hell. With 2 healers you can releax way more and it's easier to kill sparks in time and have him move around more smoothly. Only downside: you can't afford standing in Lava lines. But looking over all your logs your raid did fairly well on that part: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...pes&boss=52558 You most def should give two healing a try unless you want to improve your own dps a LOT.

Oh thanks for help! On heroic Shannox I still running because we have new tank druid cause we kicked one so I still running with shannox and I lost my focus on pushing abilities. On Baleroc i push shield block only on blades cause Im afraid of the moment that I need it and it will be on cooldown. On alysrazor Ive roll 137k dps on first add and on second one 120k because I have reckleness on CD i think. And Rhyolith HC it was first tries on Heroic mode so we all need to focus on that :-) I thank you from all of my heart Klausi for this help what you doin for me and please excuse my english its not my nature language :-) With regards Threat

+ Reply to Thread