+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seem to get owned badly on one boss, Venoxis.

Seem to get owned badly on one boss, Venoxis.

I seem to have issues with this one boss and sometimes the bear boss in ZA, but everything else is fine.

Maybe I'm still getting used to the warrior's CDs, but isn't spell reflect good for his second form where he spews poison on you? I've been popping that one during that and it doesn't seem to help. So I try and save shield wall for it, but after that if he's still up it's a pita the next go around.

For bear boss, I try and keep shield wall up for his bear form, but if he lasts into a second form I'm done for most likely.

And I know about the mastery trinket from TB, but god doing those dailies again for the 8th time sucks. Same for the molten front dailies. But I'm slowly working on getting those. But yea, I should be geared enough for entry bosses in FLs right? I know the fights from a tank pov from other tanks I have, just gotta get used to warriors I guess.

Simple solution to your problem, it sounds like. Venoxis does not move when he starts casting that frontal cone poison attack, Breath of Hethiss. When you see it casting just run through Venoxis and you'll take zero damage. Just remember to turn him back around the way you were so you don't accidentally spray the raid on the Breath of Hethiss.

As for entry Firelands bosses, we'd need to see your profile to give you a better answer on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Wow, I feel dumb now. I've always been able to take very very little damage on him on other tanks I never really did that -_-. I feel stupid now =/.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alook/advanced

Thought I had posted that already. And yes I'm aware my trinkets suck atm.

The venom spew is a frontal cone aoe (you can't Spell Reflect AoEs), but the boss won't move or turn while he's channeling it so just face him away from the group, watch for it's cast bar, run through him to where the melee dps are, and turn him back when the spew is over. As for the bear, CD when you have both dots on you, that's the only point where you'll take anything approaching dangerous amounts of damage. An alert healer won't struggle, an inexperienced one might panic whilst silenced instead of making sure a large heal is their first action after the silence wears off to top you up. Don't forget Shield Block on 30s CD, don't forget Enrage Regen... both strong options in 5mans.

Venoxis: move behind him or to the side, the spit has a fairly small radius of effect. Think of it like the frontal cone slam at Ozruk.

Nalorakk shouldn't really be doing massive damage to you, the main danger in the fight is the dps not paying attention and him charging the healer twice in a row.

Before he spews, he lifts his arms above his head as a the cue to get behind him.

I guess most of my worries come from never having a warrior until now, still learning what they have and all.

Your gear would probably do ok for starting Firelands, but don't expect it to be anything close to easy. To nitpick I would suggest buffing up the enchant on your chest to Greater Stamina , get your Therazane rep up to Exalted and keep plugging away at those daily quests in Tol Barad for the trinket.

I'm no expert on the math, but I think your Parry/Dodge ratio is a little off. I can't remember if a difference of 600 rating is ok at your gear level or not, I'm sure one of the other minds greater than I can tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

+ Reply to Thread