+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T12 Tanking Pieces Comparision Spreadsheet

Tanking Pieces Comparision Spreadsheet

Hello, over the past few days I've been working on a spreadsheet for myself for fun to compare which T12 offpiece I wanted, and at which point (ie. upgrading gloves by getting a token) the different options becomes superior.

It is using stat values, automatically reforging and gemming. Right now the reforging and is limited to a mastery > avoidance > threat weight.

As I was working on it, it was becoming better and better, and I thought I could share my work with other people having similar questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=3

All instructions are in the sheet, but feel free to ask here if you have any question.

Always open to suggestions, comments, or if you see an error somewhere!
    Last edited by veksen; 09-17-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/Veksen/advanced

Formatting is off, it's hard to see the more interesting part (results) on the first glance.

You gave strength only a value of 0.171 while parry gets 0.7 but 1 strength equals to 0.27 parry, add 5% from bok/motw (=0.2835) and you'll get at least 0.19845 (not considering it's offensive value). And in general the discrepancy between avoidance values and mastery is way off, there's is a noticeable gap but nothing like a factor 1.75 you're currently using.

And what's about your mix-setups, why don't those include the 4 piece bonus? Especially if you want to compare 4 piece versus 2-3 offpieces (chest, helmet, shoulders are popular).
    Last edited by klausi; 09-09-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Formatting is off, it's hard to see the more interesting part (results) on the first glance.
    I will work on that, thank you!

You gave strength only a value of 0.171 while parry gets 0.7 but 1 strength equals to 0.27 parry, add 5% from bok/motw (=0.2835) and you'll get at least 0.19845 (not considering it's offensive value).
    Fixed, thank you, I had my Parry a bit lower (from being unbalanced) and I set it back to 0.7 for the sheet, forgetting the Strength.

And in general the discrepancy between avoidance values and mastery is way off, there's is a noticeable gap but nothing like a factor 1.75 you're currently using.
    Those are my avoidance/mastery BT values for my warriors, with the armor/stam values relative to the DR comparing armor to mastery, then scaling stam with it's relativity in EH with armor. Those numbers come from Airowind's sheet. The Pally values are CTC values from askmrrobot.com, and the DK values are the default from askmrrobot.com again. I more than welcome anyone to use their own values.

And what's about your mix-setups, why don't those include the 4 piece bonus? Especially if you want to compare 4 piece versus 2-3 offpieces (chest, helmet, shoulders are popular).
    I don't see how any little stat gain on pieces could be worth losing the 4 piece. And even if it was modeled, that model wouldn't be any accurate because you're not really gearing up to reduce your damage by 0.3% (0.3% is an example), you're gearing to reduce the chance of a possible burst through unmitigated hits. Plus it's really hard to value because that 6% could make a warrior unhittable, being worth a lot in that scenario. Also, with the Warrior's stat being so relative to reach other, I'd need to check for the unhittability, the HtL uptime, with parry affecting HtL thus affecting the value of my mastery. My spreadsheet is not a simulator, at least not yet
    Last edited by veksen; 09-09-2011 at 08:32 AM.

New version out, massive overhaul. Same link.

Right now there is a completely new gem feature according to stat values, but the reforging isn't quite complete as I've said.
    It should also be much easier to read with the important information on the left columns.

Having an issue with the reforging that gave me a massive headache. I'll work on a new reforging method for on the side. I'm using the old reforging method that simply goes mastery > avoidance > threat, where dodge = parry. It isn't "ideal" because their value scale according to DR on either (plus HtL factor for warriors), but after the balancing from reforging they should equal out pretty much (unless a complete lack of either rating on gear for some reason).

Anyone needing an item that isn't on the list? Did I miss something? Post =D

Little late on posting about the update, but added the 6 random gloves alternatives (Flickering Handguards of the ___).

Added the pvp cloaks being "good" alternatives, as terrible as our tanking cloaks have been. (top warrior cloak has been an agi cloak for the past 2 tier, even with agi worth 0 now)

Quote Originally Posted by veksen View Post
    Added the pvp cloaks being "good" alternatives, as terrible as our tanking cloaks have been. (top warrior cloak has been an agi cloak for the past 2 tier, even with agi worth 0 now)
    The agility cloak from Rhyolith heroic is de facto BiS for prot paladins too (As was the agi cloak from Maloriak before they added in random stats cloaks from al'akir) :/

+ Reply to Thread