+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two pally tanks in a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Shove failbot on, get a bottle of your favourite spirits, jump on an alt, every time you failed you had to take a shot. Everytime you got loot you had to take a shot, if loot gets D/Eed every one takes a shot. Good times.
    God I would be so drunk after the second boss on farm night D:
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Teng, we had a variation of that in the BWL days, in a raid with 7 mages every time a mage died = shot. I blacked out during the tech packs, and passed out on the floor during chromaggus wipes - my roomate had to log my char out.

The closest I get to making wow into a drinking game is to celebrate brewfest all week long with my roomates and buddies.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

what no one else seems to care about here is the particular characteristics of both kinds of tanks.
    inour guild its been completely viable (tank pair wise) to:
    - Dk - DK
    - DK - pally
    - DK - druid
    - pally - druid
    depending on what group set up we have for a particular night.

but heres the catch: for a few fights where you need one tank holding the boss and the other holding adds, the best set up WE found was DK - druid, cuz 1) dk (me) and druid work together nicely and 2) druids have that swipe thing that is just awesome to keep a buncha stuff controlled.

it is not like we cant do the fights with a different set up, its just the fights with adds get that much easier to handle. so, if the druid cant come on a particular night we might just go to a different boss.

Quote Originally Posted by elehisie View Post
    its just the fights with adds get that much easier to handle. so, if the druid cant come on a particular night we might just go to a different boss.
    I am not sure what fights you are talking about nor whether bears are better at aoe, but generally speaking palatanks should not have a problem with adds. If your palatank does not glyph avenger shield and puts talent points into ranged judgement, he should be fine picking them up (especially with two taunts, potentially affecting four mobs). Holding them should not be an issue with hammer of the righteous hitting three every three seconds or so.

HotR no longer cleaves 3 target, its a single target hit against your target and then a Nova that hits Everything in 8 yards. Pallies are fine AoE tanks

The only benefit to running two pally tanks over the pally/druid combo is if you have no ret or holy for another aura. The benefit to running the bear/pally combo would be less competition for gear (Unless you have a rogue), and for one tank fights you can go kitty without changing gear. Of course, the best benefit of all if you're not trying to smash H: Rag instantly is in playing the class you personally find more entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread