+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Too Soon, Executus?

The Weekly Marmot - Too Soon, Executus?

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

/groan......

Let the nerf QQ begin.............
    No one tanks in a void.........

He had 87.6m in 10m heroic (I think it was .6...might have been 87.3)...so about the same % nerf in both.

And while I'm disappointed that my guild didn't kill it before they nerfed it (like, I'm pretty proud of our Rhyolith kill because we killed it before they nerfed it at all), I agree that it needed to be nerfed.

We've been 6/7 for 4 weeks now...and honestly motivation is starting to wane. It's not about Rag, even. It's really rough to go in there and one shot (or so) 6/7 hardmodes and then bash your face against the wall for the rest of the week. We don't need a lot of gear at this point (a piece here and there for most people), so going to farm night loses a lot of its luster and while we were in p3 pretty consistently (and had him walking about a few times) we weren't really close to killing it, as such.

I don't know if we're going to be any MORE motivated now, but at least there's a not-unreasonable chance we might kill it this week...which there, realistically, probably wasn't before the nerf.

Definitely out of the blue and definitely disappointing, though.

Next to the murder capital of the world....
    I had a thought - once you started talking about how Rag got nerfed. Further proof that 4.3 will be arriving in the very near future?

2 other nerf's took place that I would like to bring up.

Beth's emberflare is now resisted on heroic. Which makes the encounter way easier in my opinion.

And the essence drop rate was decreased. Which will make the legendary quest chain take over half of a year to complete for a 10 man guild, so good luck getting a second.. or third.
    Last edited by leethaxor; 09-07-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: No staff for me D:>
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Wait, what?

They made it HARDER to get the legendary in 10 man? DESPITE IT NOT BEING POSSIBLE TO GET THE GODDAMN THING YET?

Seriously? If they fucking want to just have 25 man raiding ONLY...why don't they just remove the 10 man mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Wait, what?

They made it HARDER to get the legendary in 10 man? DESPITE IT NOT BEING POSSIBLE TO GET THE GODDAMN THING YET?

Seriously? If they fucking want to just have 25 man raiding ONLY...why don't they just remove the 10 man mode?
    Yeah basically. Our guild has been inching along, we figured we might be able to pull 2 out at least of this tier. Even if it meant going back and farming it while progressing on t13. But now, I'm almost ready to drop the quest.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

The smoldering essence drop rate is already absurdly small and random, even in 25s. I got 19 off of H-Shannox last week, got 10 off H-Shannox this week, then 11 off of normal beth, then 7 or 8 off of everything else... and this is in 25s... Ya... that's a pretty shitty nerf imo. Maybe they don't WANT people going back to farm another when T13 is out?
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Then maybe they should wait until t13 is out...there's no 10 man guild that even has the fucking thing yet and now it'll take even LONGER.

I won't even be GETTING one and I'm pissed off...I expect that the o-boards will have some fairly serious forum rage going on.

I expect that the o-boards will have some fairly serious forum rage going on.
    I'm debating on if I should or not.

Wait, what?

Well, I guess that ISN'T a nerf, is it?

I think you're over-reacting a tiny bit on the second part. Understand the pain though. I wasn't thrilled about Shadowmourne being a 25-man only legendary. Looks like Blizz is maybe pushing legendaries back in that direction, which is a real shame.
    Last edited by Leucifer; 09-07-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Need more coffee before putting thoughts to text.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    WI wasn't thrilled about Shadowmourne being a 25-man only legendary.
    10's and 25's were not even close to equal in wrath. You had a whole tier of gear between them.

Now that 10's and 25's are equal. We see 25 man guilds currently pushing out their 3rd or 4th legendary, and 10 man guild's now being told they will only be able to produce 1.

Being a 10 man guild that's progessing slowly, my priest is like 3rd in line for the staff - I'll pretty much see it when we're chasing Tier26 and we can 2 man FL.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    10's and 25's were not even close to equal in wrath. You had a whole tier of gear between them.

Now that 10's and 25's are equal. We see 25 man guilds currently pushing out their 3rd or 4th legendary, and 10 man guild's now being told they will only be able to produce 1.
    So, in your first part you're saying that, in addition to getting the legendary, 25's in wrath were given better goodies anyway?
    Not sure how that would be considered fair.

As for the current legendary, I think the situation is pretty hosed. The rate we should be seeing is 2 or 3 for 25-man to 1 for a 10-man. Saying it's 3 or 4 when most 10 mans can't even get ONE completed tell me that Blizz screwed up, based off their claim that 10 man and 25 man drops would be proportional.

As for running 10 man versus 25?
    MY personal view? I like 10's better because the groups I run with, we've been able to weed out the douchebags and run a good friendly group that can work together toward mutual goals for each other. Any time I've run a 25 man I've ended up with at least 2 or 3 jerks in vent that I just want to choke out because they're either arrogant, ignorant, or have the maturity of a 10 year old. So this picture that Blizzard is painting is not one I favor anyway.

it was fair in ICC b/c of how ridiculously easy 10 man content was compared to 25s.

25/10 = 2.5, round up = 3
    10/10 = 1

you can probably 1 person with the legendary in 10s and 1 person with at least the phase 2 staff before 4.3 comes out, and in 25s you get 3 legendaries. Most 25 man HC guilds are still working on their second, should be getting it within the next few weeks and another month or so after that for their 4th. I do think the ratio should be closer to 2 per 10 man and 4 or 5 per 25 man, but at what point do legendaries become legendary instead of "oh get all of your casters this item."

They're LEGENDARY for a reason, they're supposed to be rare. My complaint is that there should be an increased benefit to a guild that's jumping through all of blizzards hoops and doing hardmodes, they should be able to get it faster than people just farming normal modes. That is the only thing this drop rate thing is affecting. This has very little to do with 10s vs. 25s. but more-so effort of HM players vs. normal mode players. I think legendaries SHOULD be rare and therefore the people that try harder and do hardmode content SHOULD have a better shot at it than people that only do normal modes.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

There's a fine line between legendaries being "rare" and just being worthless trophies because almost no one can get them until they've already cleared the content or the content is obsolete.

EDIT: The "worthless trophy" thing wouldn't be a big deal if they were a trophy representing some really significant challenge. As it is, it's just one, giant, massive Bear Ass collection of epic - sorry, legendary - proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    There's a fine line between legendaries being "rare" and just being worthless trophies because almost no one can get them until they've already cleared the content or the content is obsolete.

EDIT: The "worthless trophy" thing wouldn't be a big deal if they were a trophy representing some really significant challenge. As it is, it's just one, giant, massive Bear Ass collection of epic - sorry, legendary - proportions.
    Which is what it will be for us. I mean, I assume it will still be useful in the Deathwing raid, at least for a while...but there's a not-unreasonable chance that that raid will be OUT before we even complete one. And we're 6/7 HM and have been for a month now.

Yeah, for the first time I think I actually feel bad for you Tennies, Ion! =D

OMG there's a rubix cube!

I mean, I assume it will still be useful in the Deathwing raid, at least for a while.
    Well at ilvl 397 it won't be outclassed by t13 normals, most likely deathwing's (normal) loot will be 5 ilvl's higher then dragonwrath. That would put normal t13 loot at ilvl 396 (if they stick to the scaling they used between t11 and t12). So heroic t13 items will be almost 11ilvl higher then dragonwrath. And if they keep with the current design of the raiding scene we could be seeing those drop the week after 4.4 hits.

Then it will come down to class balance if its worth it to drop or not.

+ Reply to Thread