+ Reply to Thread

Thread: warrior avoidance/dodge/parry/etc cap?

warrior avoidance/dodge/parry/etc cap?

hi all. sorry if this has been explained over and over...but im perhaps confused.

im at 14.00 dodge, 16.10 parry and 53.12 block without shield block. so thats 88.81, which if im correct, is above the hit with whites cap.

with shield block and trinket im at 115.42%. so my question is...is that too high? or..is it pointless to have that much due to DR? i understand there is a difference between 85 and 88 level chars/bosses. but im not sure exactly what id call the "cap" over 100%.

if anyone can clarify this for me that would be fabulous.

You are Unhittable (i.e have full Combat Table Covearge when your chance to dodge, block, parry and to be missed totals 102.4% against a level 88 mob.

and i wouldn't worry about being over the cap until you're over the cap when SB is down.

The good thing about warriors is going above 102.4 isn't a bad thing. Even passively over 102.4 you're still gaining 1.5% crit block per point of mastery (179ish rating). So it may not be optimal, but for warriors it is never wasted.

And 115.42% with SB means that you're at 102.4% but you gain 13.02% crit block for the duration of SB. So you're block capped plus you have a big bonus to crit block.

Like Teng said - until you hit 102.4% passively (without SB or procs from trinkets, etc) don't worry about it.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread