+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost dk hit

Frost dk hit

Hey all

i have a frost DK dps whit 1 handed, in my guild that goes all out for hit. aint this wrong should you not just get 8 % hit than go for str. ? or is there some benefit by getting hard hit cap ? atm he have 18 % hit that aint even close to the hard hit cap?

Astraios

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-...tat_Priorities

EJ agrees with you, 8% is enough after which hit is low priority.

For a DK, anything higher than 8% is just white damage. it infuriates me to see "Miss" show up in white, but then my obliterate goes through the roof and I don't feel so bad anymore. Pretty sure it's just enhance shaman that need to go above 8% (Correct me if I'm wrong, Ret Pally) due to the sheer amount of spell damage involved compared to other melee classes. Even DW DKs can get away with the 8% soft cap since the only spell attacks they use are Icy Touch and/or Howling Blast.

Some DKs prefer the Quality of Life of having the spell hit cap (do they even need it?), but realisticly as melee you'll want to hit yellow cap + expertise cap & then go for whatever is best (usually haste or mastery).

PS: The Enhancement Shaman is indeed the exception that would want to hit spellhit cap atleast, mostly because their white hits provide a larger portion of their DPS than other melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Some DKs prefer the Quality of Life of having the spell hit cap (do they even need it?), but realisticly as melee you'll want to hit yellow cap + expertise cap & then go for whatever is best (usually haste or mastery).
    Runic Focus nets 9% spellhit so you'll be spell-hit-capped (17%) when you reach your style hit cap*.

* = Afair that's not true for DW frost due to their tier 1 talent nerves of cold stell providing only 3% melee hit, not 3% spell hit. But i might be mistaken here.

+ Reply to Thread