+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enhance D{S Question

Enhance D{S Question

Armory Link (Currently in enhance gear/spec) : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Echo%20Isles/Char%C3%B8n/simple

I
    've read the class guide, and currently use the 4.1 priority (Obviously, at 84 I don't have access to the 4pc t12). Using this priority/gear/spec, I currently end most boss fights between 7500-9500 DPS. Is this tolerable for my gear level or am I screwing up somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if it boosts my numbers. lol! Thanks for looking.

First of all, nobody really cares mch about pure DPS numbers outside of raids as long as you get the job done.
    That said...

It's pretty ok considering your gear.
    I'ld change GoTR for either CL or GW glyphs though, but it's a minor issue.
    First thing you'll wantto do once you hit 85 is get 346 or epic weapons, they'll help a lot. Most servers have plenty crafted or BoEs on AH.
    squats wrote a good Enh guide, should definitely check that out for instance/heroic gear as well as crafted stuff you can pick up.
    I would personally not go for Herbalism as Enh Shaman, think Engineering (great headpiece till T12 + Agi tinker) or blacksmithing/jewelcrafting (more sockets or better gems) would be more beneficial for you. BS would also supply you with the greens needed to disenchant (assuming you can get an alt to 80+ to mine for you)

Other than that, you're pretty much doing the right thing if you're following the priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Yeah, the guide Squats wrote is the one that I've read. EJ might have a good one floating around, but eh.. whatever. Why go there when I can come here? lol! And all that "nerdcrafting" stuff, spreadsheets, graphs, WoL, I can't make sense out of it. My firm belief is that as long as I do good damage (Nice DPS, plus staying out of fires and not being tail-slapped, etc.) everything else will shake itself out. Thanks for the tips!

Should change your Feral Spirit glyph to Windfury, one of your Major glyphs should probably be Healing Stream totem too (it tends to be your only source of nature resistance)....I tend to use the last (you should ALWAYS ALWAYS be using Lightning Shield, as you are) for a situational glyph (stoneclaw for fights that single target me (baleroc, frex), chain lightning where aoe matters, grounding totem for alysrazor adds, etc).

I'd also ditch a point from Imp Shields and a point from Acuity and fill out Elemental Precision when you ding. You basically seem to be doing it right, though. I might post some BoE/craftable gear that's useful in Squats' guide thread later, depending on how busy I am.

Edit: Not busy, here.
    Last edited by Ion; 09-06-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Linky

Thanks again guys. Ion, nice link. I'll start looking into mats now as I'm one dungeon away from 85. I'll probably stick to running regulars for a while until I'm confident I know both aspects (healing/melee) or the available instances. Something I learned when my DK hit 85, got to ilvl 326, and I plunged into heroics to a disheartening deathfest. LOL

Ok, one more time. Bigger upgrade?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=57325 to Fluid Death

OR

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55195 to t11 for the 2pc bonus?

Gah...tough call...the 2 piece is a LOT of dps, but that trinket is garbage (at least it has agi, I suppose). I expect that the 87 ilvls (not to mention the better stats) on the trinket upgrade is probably worth more than the 51 on the glove upgrade, even with the deliciousness that is the 2 piece bonus. They're both JP upgrades though, so it's not like you're capped...you can just get both in fairly short order.

+ Reply to Thread