+ Reply to Thread

Thread: recording and posting onto youtube

recording and posting onto youtube

hey guys having 6/7 in firelands on farm i have decided to start recording with fraps and posting onto youtube videos of my guilds boss kills... i would love it if some of u guys could check out my youtube channel and have a look at what i have been doing and any tips for healing of tatics and recording and editing, atm only one of the videos has audio but that will change on reset as i will be going back in to record more boss kills.... so yeah that would be awsum

thanks guys xD

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheParped?feature=mhee

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    what's your native resolution when playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

i can't really see any details because idk if it's a conflict between the resolution you record in game with and what you use to edit with but everything is so pixelated.

i would suggest http://premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6048 to get the editing settings down so youtube doesn't butcher your vids.

even in fullscreen at 480p my domo kill vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9uIV5HQE4) isn't as pixelated as your domo one at 480p fullscreen....

edit: i used windows movie maker for my domo kill and sony vegas pro 10 for editing the h shannox vid on my youtube. i think sony vegas does a better job than windows movie maker just because you can edit the settings and make the output vid so much better...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    what's your native resolution when playing?
    i play with at 1680x1050..

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i can't really see any details because idk if it's a conflict between the resolution you record in game with and what you use to edit with but everything is so pixelated.

i would suggest http://premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6048 to get the editing settings down so youtube doesn't butcher your vids.

even in fullscreen at 480p my domo kill vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9uIV5HQE4) isn't as pixelated as your domo one at 480p fullscreen....

edit: i used windows movie maker for my domo kill and sony vegas pro 10 for editing the h shannox vid on my youtube. i think sony vegas does a better job than windows movie maker just because you can edit the settings and make the output vid so much better...
    yes the shannox and bethtilac videos for some reason are very pixelated i not really sure why tbh, like you i also use windows movie maker, ill give sony a try on a trial... if u look at the majordomo and raggy wipes series videos then the quality is alot better espically raggy as i uploaded at in hd....

Are you recording at half size or full size, and which resolution are you rendering as? Also, what is the bitrate that you are encoding at? It usually gets all pixelated when you try to render at a resolution that is not a direct multiplication of two of what you are recording at, as the rendering software needs to stretch or squash the pixels to make them fit the new resolution.

Try recording in full size, and then rendering in 1650*1050 at 30 FPS and 10 000 kBps bit rate. You may need to set these preferences manually.

yeh if you play and record at 1680x1050 then check out the settings xav used in the guide i linked for optimizing editing settings so youtube doesnt mess with your video quality...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

i record at full size, and im not sure what u mean by rendering at, i save my videos in hd through windows movie maker... ummm and encoding what does that mean ?

Which version of WMM are you using? the windows XP version or the windows 7 version?

"Rendering" is the process that goes on when you click on "export". Encoding is another word for this. There should be an option for a "Custom Template" (or something similar) when you want to export the movie. In this you can change the "bitrate", the "resolution", the "frames per second (also "FPS")" and the "audio quality". All of these properties are responsible for the quality of your video.

The "Bitrate" is literally the amount of Bits (data) that is required for a second of movie, it is often abbreviated to bps, kbps or Mbps. One "Bit" is an eighth of a "Byte", which is a thousandth of a kilobyte (kB) and a millionth of a "Megabyte" (MB). So a movie encoded at 8 000 000 bits per second will use about a megabyte per second of movie (if my maths has not completely failed me).

The "Resolution" is the amount of pixels displayed in the horizontal and vertical. If you render/export the video in a different resolution to what you recorded it in, individual pixels get distorted. There are settings (described in the link to Premo's website in this thread) that tell you how to set this up properly.

The "Frames per Second" is the amount of frames used by the movie every second to make a "moving picture". It should be set to (or left at) 30 FPS (29.975 for NTSC output). There is no real benefit to setting this to 60 FPS.

Audio quality follows the same scheme as the video bitrate, MP3 files are usually encoded at 128 kbps, 144 kbps or 198 kbps. Set audio to 144 kbps for decent youtube quality.

Does this help much?
    Last edited by Fetzie; 09-07-2011 at 03:52 AM.

ahh right, im using the windows 7 version and in response to your earlier question i havent seen any button to click or anything to say what im rendering at tbh, i now that i have clicked the widescreen button and when i save the file ready to be uploaded to youtube it saved in HD

+ Reply to Thread