+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear checkup, Askmrrobot being weird.

Gear checkup, Askmrrobot being weird.

Hey all,
    Thanks in advance for the advice, I have two different gear sets I have been working on. Prot and Ret.

As for the prot set, shouldn't I have my hit and expertise up higher than the current values? I have instances where i just cant seem to land much, and my threat suffers a bit.

As for the ret set, I checked out the guide here on tankspot and have been trying to hone my rotation a little better so i can start putting out better dps, but still i cant get above 12k on a sustained basis. =(

Well take a look, and if you have information by way of further reading let me know.

Thanks!!
    Blaq
    I'm not the man hiding behind the door in fear of danger. I'm the one that knocks... -WW, BB

Your armory link is showing your retribution gear.

Threat shouldn't be an issue with 0 hit and 0 expertise rating (just the ten expertise from the glyph), you will see much more of a return from getting better at the rotation/priority. Without more information I can't really do much except repeat what I wrote in the prot pala guide (see my forum signature)

You do not need Lavawalker on the retribution boots if you talent into Pursuit of Justice, as the enchant does not stack with the talent.

For prot....

I don't see anything in Askmrrobot that is crazy. I see it fixing a lot of sub-optimal things. (Okay, I see one thing, it wants you to use JC mastery gems in a different slot that the prismatic relic slot - which is irrelevent which slot as long as it's yellow or prismatic).

As Pyrea said - you don't need hit/exp - it's very likely a rotation issue.

What other trinkets do you have?

About the only quibble I would have, is given how low your block is currently, it would seem reforging the parry on your cloak for more mastery would be better than the hit.

But Robot's suggestions look solid to me.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread