+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Needing Some Feedback

Tank Needing Some Feedback

Hello Everyone

I've been trying to get my warrior to utter perfection when it comes to tanking. I have been tanking for sometime and have even dabbled in some Firelands. He is my alt but i want to optimize him for the best possible tanking.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Heresjonnyd/simple

T
    hat's my character profile there. I have a few item's i can play about with for instance:

Pauldron's of Scarifice
    Reinforced Bio-Optic Killshades
    Earthen Faceguard

Now, I don't seem to be having any issues with living or dying on fights. As i have said, I've tanked 3 Bosses in FL and the healers didn't seem to have any issues keeping me alive.

But i want to see if i can be optimized for the best damage reduction possible.(Gems, reforging etc) Be critical, laugh at me but justify it. I'm looking to see if i can improve. I also hate these sites like Mr. Robot. I prefer pure math. But as my hunter is my main and i play him for countless hours, when i dabble in my warrior i want some help and information on what to do to make him awesome!

Thanks a lot!

Jonny

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Well I'd suggest getting Lavawalker for your boots if you can. The Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond meta is better for you as a shield tank. Keen Ember Topaz isn't helpful, get Fine Ember Topaz and replace your Keen Ember Topaz.
    Last edited by Toushiro; 09-01-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Didn't even notice these small tweaks. Any information on reforging? Or have i lucked out?

Thanks a lot.

Jonny

I'm not 100% on warriors and dodge and parry balancing, But you might want to try and lower parry and up dodge until their ratings are close to each other.

Yea i just read on the forums they should be about 1% apart, which I've now achieved. Hopefully this makes things better. But anything else someone wants to add won't be missed.

1. DMC:Earthquake is poor. The TB trinket, Mirror of Broken Images is much, much better. Generally +Heath Pool abilities just aren't all that great now that we don't have to worry about one shots (or if we do, like Decimation blade, a larger HP pool isn't going to help if the healers can't already get you up).

2. It's one of those too-late-now. I know the range VP weapon is BiS, but that's by default. It's poorly itemized. I would have suggested saving that VP for something with better itemization.

3. With threat being roflmao, I wouldn't be afraid to replace the T11 gear - but keep them around so you can throw the 2pc on for Alysrazor. 2pc T11 and 2pc T12 will be great for that. Just wherever you still have a 359, or however it works.

4. Belt/Legs - +stam/+Mastery in the blue slot. You're not near passive CTC so this is a slight survability decrease.

5. Helm - 40 mastery in yellow.

6. 51% block - seems low. But the gear looks fairly appropriately reforged, so it's really more just drops.

7. I know blood craze seems like it's good... but it's not. It's crap. Don't ever waste points in it. It's something like a 15% uptime, (slightly better on fights with multiple damage sources), that's completely RNG and will be a 1200ish HPS heal when it's up. 3/3 incite or 2/2 cruelty will help the raid more than the nearly negliable healing. Klausi just did some re-testing in the Bloodcraze thread floating around, the healing was pretty pathetic. It's just not good. Not like it was for the first 3 days of Cata before they nerfed it (like so many other cool warrior abilities) into the ground for PvP reasons.

8. I'd replace Sunder with Shockwave (you don't need the AoE) or Thunderclasp. The wider radius for B+T is as useful as any major glyph.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

The wider radius for B+T is as useful as any major glyph.
    What doe's this mean? Forgive my ignorance. This is amazing the help you have given me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnnny View Post
    What doe's this mean? Forgive my ignorance. This is amazing the help you have given me.

Thanks
    B+T = Blood and Thunder

Hmm... my post didnt' seem to post... O_O

B+T= Blood and Thunder. The reason the glyph is so good is it's a 25% increase in the area of effect. Thunder Clasp (TC) is 8 yard radius, or 16 yard diameter centered on the user. Glyphed it's 10 yard radius or 20 yard diameter centered on the user.

That extra radius is very useful for helping to pick up trash as well as refreshing rend during a movement phase when you otherwise would not be able to attack the boss because he's out of range of your other attacks.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Bah! who taught you geometry? 25% increase in radius does not equal 25% increase in areaof effect. πr2 man! in this case increaseing r by 2yards leads to a little over 56% increase in the size of the area TC hits.

Bad word choice. Meant 25% increase in the range XD

Hi,

Personally, I would recommend combining a Mastery trinket (Mirror of Broken Images) with Bracers of Regal Force for a better CTC spread. With the bracers, respectively, you lose 173 Mastery but gain 276 avoidance (comparison link). Your shoulders could also be upgraded to Heaving Plates of Protection (net gains: +0.5% Parry and 0.91% Block) once you get your second T12 piece -or now and forgo your T11 set bonus. A second Mastery trinket would not go amiss -keeping Stamina trinkets for the situation -of which, at the top of your wish list, would be the lovely Spidersilk Bundle. Also, as said before, you could do with swapping out your (hard earned, I am sure) Deflecting Star for a Crossfire Carbine.

My recommendations are based on convenience and availability... these are of course not BIS but rather easily managed upgrade paths. Be sure to also keep a track of Parry: Dodge ratios in accordance with your CTC ratings (link) -if you enjoy the maths I am sure you will enjoy the related thread.

Finally don't forget to tinker your Gloves, Cloak and Belt.

Your current armory on Chardev: 82.01% CTC
    http://chardev.org/?profile=215177
    Dodge: 14.71%
    Parry: 15.74%
    Block: 51.56%

Mirror of Broken Images: 82.79% CTC
    http://chardev.org/?profile=215189
    Dodge: 13.87%
    Parry: 15.74%
    Block: 53.18%

Mirror of Broken Images + Crossfire Combine: 82.77% CTC
    http://chardev.org/?profile=215198
    Dodge: 13.87%
    Parry: 15.34%
    Block: 53.56%

Mirror of Broken Images + Crossfire Combine + Bracers of Regal Force: 83.09% CTC
    http://chardev.org/?profile=215200
    Dodge: 14.23%
    Parry: 15.71%
    Block: 53.15%

Comparison link via Wowhead:
    Regal Force vs. Gigantiform Bracers

PS, grats on getting your hands on the lovely Daybreaker Helm (!!!)

Ok, i have no idea what your gem strategy is on your legs, you have oure mastery in the red socket meaning you don't care about the socket bonus (which is fine) but you still have a stam/mastery gem in the second socket? If possible put a pure mastery in.

+ Reply to Thread