+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tanking Potion Options

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Because Golemblood potion nets us a better result from a tps PoV.
    And if we still had to worry about TPS that would be a very valid point! lol
    Well, to be fair, it may become a concern when i progress to Heroic raids, in which case i may be looking for every inch i can get (even if it means next to worthless potions) but that's not happenning for a while because we have to replace our pally tank after today and we're also replacing a hunter. ='(
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 09-03-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: TBH

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    And if we still had to worry about TPS that would be a very valid point! lol
    Well, to be fair, it may become a concern when i progress to Heroic raids, in which case i may be looking for every inch i can get (even if it means next to worthless potions) but that's not happenning for a while because we have to replace our pally tank after today and we're also replacing a hunter. ='(
    well, you talked about pre-potting. The extra 20 seconds of str will also likely give you more damage (plus a slight bit more parry) than rage pots. So it's a DPS and TPS win, since you're really not hurting for rage anyway as soon as the boss hits you - at least I don't recall being hurting for rage.

Shout-beserker-charge = all the rage I need for a boss pull.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    They all suck, but god darn it we will kick the headstone over of the dead horse before we settle this!
    Or beat the muddy ground where the dead horse rotted? Either way, I'd definitely run with the notion that pots are a cd to be used situation-based rather than a "YOU MUST USE POTION OF DOOM X!" type deal.

mana pots.

I'ld say keep a stack of each in your bags & simply use whatever you need when you need it.
    Pre-pot would imho be strength, other than that you'll want to try & keep them for end-phase or soft-enrages. But in the end it is probably better to just get yourself Int pots, give 'em to your healers and tell 'em to use those, they'll have more effect than you using one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    I'ld say keep a stack of each in your bags & simply use whatever you need when you need it.
    Pre-pot would imho be strength, other than that you'll want to try & keep them for end-phase or soft-enrages. But in the end it is probably better to just get yourself Int pots, give 'em to your healers and tell 'em to use those, they'll have more effect than you using one.
    I like this idea! Very good thinking.

+ Reply to Thread