+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Affliction Warlock...current

Affliction Warlock...current

I have been searching far and wide for tips on my Warlock. Whether it be gear or spec or rotation, but I have yet to find a current forum that has information about any spec of the class that involves Firelands as a main raid target for the class. Is there anyone that can help with this?

-Seduisante -Shadowsong
    -Alectronna -Shadowsong

My alt is an Affy lock. Only ilvl 360, however I'm getting 17-20k dps on single targets. Your question is pretty vague... What, exactly, are you asking? If you need a quick reference to spec, gear, reforge, ect, I suggest you take a look at elitistjerks.com or askmrrobot.com. I use the both of them and add my own little attitude. What works for me may not work for you, so use whatever makes you feel comfortable. I don't claim to be hot sh!t, but I do enjoy the game and I think I have an idea of what works for me ... Good luck!

http://wowmb.net/

I'm a warlock, Irylath of Antonidas if you want to look me up, if you have any specific questions that the warlock's den above cannot answer, feel free to ask me.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Hey aggathon i looked at your toon Iryalath and then checked my lock. I only notice two differences one is in our spec, I took one point in seed of corruption and you took it in Fel synergy, the other difference is in our glyphs we have the same majors with the exception I took glyph of corruption. What i am having an issue with is this. After playing many different classes most melee of some way shape or form and only one caster a mage...I found myself rolling a warlock. Even with the mage i am always doing something with my hands as far as when i am playing my toon. I feel like when i play my warlock that i am not doing anything. I dont fully understand the concept of DoT them up and let them die i guess. Maybe i am completely missing the dynamics of the class but this is what i have been told by some other warlocks so maybe you can shed some light on a rotation that i should be using to make my toon do a little better dps. He is in destro at the moment because i have tried afflic in Firelands and i seem to do more dps in destro, and maybe that is because i dont know what to be doing once i get the dot's up. My toon can be found here any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Imurhuklbery/talent/primary

The EJ affliction thread is a good starter read. Glyph of corruption > glyph of agony.
    Affliction warlocks basically work like this:
    - Is haunt off CD? If yes then cast haunt.
    - Are the dots need to be refreshed? More precisely, unstable affliction < 4 secs or bane of doom < 15 secs. If yes then refresh them.
    - Shadow bolt spam or drain soul if target < 25%.

There are some techniques like refreshing band of doom with buffs present, but if you are doing the above well then you'll pull some nice dps.

You should go 50int on bracers and 50hit on boots, and you're 1% over hit cap.

ok ty for the info Tschus i will give this a try tomorow night. I will change the enchant on the boots and bracers and reforge to see if i cannot get to exact hit cap rather than being 1% over, ty again for the help

Imurhuklbery

The EJ affliction thread is over here. Though the content may not be 100% accurate, it covers the must-know knowledge for an affliction lock.

About the reforge, you can try some optimization websites like wowreforge, but personally I do it by myself lol
    You are reforging two pieces from hit to crit, which is not a good idea. In this case you should leave the hit un-reforged, and reforge the mastery on the stopwatch to haste instead of hit. That will yield more haste in total.

Oh and spirit is kinda useless so for leg enchant usually ppl go for the stamina one.

I have a 396ilvl lock on bronzebeard US Rabeckya. If you need some more help hit me up ingame or pst for real id

Throughout cataclysm gearing has been more of a mathematically issue than it was at patch 4.0 when it was just stack as much int as possible. now since there is haste caps and trinkets that proc and work for them to reach the next tip has made the dps game a much more competitive route. as Tschus refferenced earlier about Elitist Jerks, they do all the math for you so you dont have to, along with the building blocks of warlock necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthalemew View Post
    haste caps
    Are a dodgey term to throw around in regards to Afflocks. We treally don't have "haste caps" as such, yes there are points at which out dots gein extra ticks but their not really something to concern yourself to heavily wth, the only real haste cap is the flaoting point at which haste fall below crit in gear priority, and that will be dependant on how much haste crit and mastery you already have almost certainly only be determined through simulating.

Also, if you are multi dotting, you don't want to clip Bane of Agony because the extra tick you get from the clip is calculate at the beginning of the dot and you gain an extra small damage tick and lose out on the big damage tick. All the other dots you want to clip between the 2nd to last and the last tick. And if you are moving, spam fel flame if you don't need to refresh your other instant cast dots, but since your haunt and unstable affliciton have short cast times, play it by ear whether you can stop for 1.3ish seconds or not to recast them, but fel flame will extend the duration of unstable affliction in movement situations, so you should only have to worry about haunt.

+ Reply to Thread