+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prot warrior inquiry

It's crap. It doesn't give you rage at the start of the fight because it stuns the mobs; Stunned mobs don't melee, the vast majority of your rage, and all of your vengeance comes from taking damage, so if rage on the pull is an issue you don't want to stunning mobs. It stunts your vengeance gain and it stunts your rage gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    So you add a Shield Slam or a Cleave immediately afterwards. Extra rage at the start of a fight is not bad, even if it isn't worth much. As I said, it's a 5-man talent, not a raiding talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    I have recently been running with much higher geared folks and they keep taking my aggro
    "I need moar threat against better geared players but I'm not going to give up a threatless talent" That's what I'm reading.

You don't need Blitz. You don't need the rage. If you're having aggro issues, Blitz isn't solving them at all.

Are you marking kill priorities, are you telling DPS to wait until they see TC (I still do both and I'm in 370+ tank gear). Are you prioritizing higher threat abilities?

Blitz, even in a dungeon, isn't buying you what you think it is.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

After reading these posts i am logging to respec blitz out...i had never really looked at it like that but u r totally right. I wouldnt call it worthless but it is probably causing me alot of my problems especially if i were to throw a shockwave in there after a charge and i have to wait what like 8 sec before i start taking dam. That is if the mobs r stunnable.

Ok, i just looked at your spec and it looks good, except, you have gag order. Now i know this is a really nice ability to have, it gives you more utility, and can be convienant for grabbing a caster. It's also a comodity that would be better spent in Sheild Spec. THis isn't a MUST HAVE talent for any damage mitiagtion, but it is losely for threat and damage output. Why? The rage it gives you allows for more HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    "I need moar threat against better geared players but I'm not going to give up a threatless talent" That's what I'm reading.
    Don't misquote people; that second quote was from the original poster, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    You don't need Blitz. You don't need the rage. If you're having aggro issues, Blitz isn't solving them at all.
    When did I say it was? I said it wasn't a pointless or useless talent and I said it's a 5-man talent.

Blitz is additional control in 5-mans, and that's pretty much it, but it is still a talent which adds something.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

No point in editing the posts - I just screwed the pooch. It wasn't intentional. I dunno why I screwed up the quotations, bottomline is I did.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread