+ Reply to Thread

Thread: not sure on fire set up

not sure on fire set up

hi guys basicaly i have not played fire for ages ms is arcane but were working on beth tilac last night tried in arcane was on the pack of spiderlings nuked them down fast with AE spam but took loads of dam and healers struggling with it so going to try fire tonight been practicing on a test dummy and found dps a bit low aoe is ok but single target only hitting around 15-17k dps buffs are molten armore and intel buff no food or flask.

my chars info

armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shamael/simple

stats
    sp power = 7603
    haste = 18.15% (1738) i think this maybe to high
    crit = 24.28% (1343) think this maybe to low
    mastery = 12.62% (828)
    hit = 16.97% (0.03 miss chance on lvl 88)

rota single target lb-flameorb -scorch-fireball-hitting procs

rota aoe blastwave(toslow)- lb on 2-3 targets-flamestrike(blastwave when off cd)-hitting procs

any advice you can give guys would be apreciated

ishamael

We typically take 2 arcane mages for that fight, we proper use of mage ward and being aware that the the spiderling's dot has a range of 6 yards while AE has a range of 10 yards so if you don't get too close you're cool. It ticks for 5K and generally shouldn't be a problem unless you run straight down the coloumn. If you're taking alot of damage I highly doubt its actually from the little guys.

I don't think Fire uses Scorch except to reapply Critical mass if it falls off(shouldn't with Pyroblast Procs) or if its moving so single target is LB Up, FO on CD, Combustion when Pyroblast, LB and Ignite dots are all up, Pyro when instant, otherwise spamming FB.

thx teng were just starting on beth so still working out probs think maybe tank and healer may be taking to long to get up and the spinners going down to slow they seem to do lot of dam the more you get if i read right each 1 hits with the acid 18-21k every 2 secs
    will link logs really need to learn how to use logs properly

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/owmc2y2eox400zvf/

trust me probs messing up a lot atm thx again for the hlp

The Spinners are the real source od raid damage on that fight, our first attempt had some awful RNG, our top ranged DPS managed to get 6 burning acid hits withing 2 seconds, 6 spinners just turned round and all decided to pwn him. you really need to get them fast, either taunt them or kill them

Looking your log, the spiderlings seeping venom makes up less than 3% of your total damage taken across all your beth attempts, Your actually getting meleed by the spiderlings alot Which is not great but shouldn't really be much of an issue either as it averages 6k per hit

The spinners do seem to be doing alot of damage, On our latests log we had quite a few peeps who'd never done Beth before and we have about 100 burning acids from the spinners the entire fight, on your longest fight you had close to triple that by the time you hit the two minute mark. the Tank and healer going up stairs should be going ASAP, the spinners spawn in pairs, the tank should taunt one and (assuming the pally healer is going up) the pally should taunt one too, and as soon as the warriors on the way up the pally should jump as well. As a warrior tank i find i can vig the downstairs tank and as he'sgoing after the spinners once their down i can taunt both the first pair and then a third as i'm heading up for a DPS to join me, and still have a taunt for beth as soon as i get up.

We generally have our ranged stay close to the drone and trap or snare the Spiderlings and focus on the spinners, only killing the spiderlings as they get close to the drone, Ring of Frost, Freezing traps, Shadowfuries, etc

thx a lot mate for the help once again m8 do appreciate it thinking of sending dk tank up and keeping warrior down with vigilance on dk he should be able to taunt spinners down well is that right? not to clued up on warrior tanking

He should be able to do that, though your hunter can also do taunt in a pinch with distracting shot in a pinch, and your DK tanks also has an 8 second taunt with Dark command and then whatever the CD on deathgrip is aswell.

thx again will let you know how we get on tonight

Your guild isn't sending mages up to burst on Beth'tilac? Or putting the power of arcane single target on Drones?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Miela/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Mielikinna/simple

were sending a combat rogue up atm. i have respec back to arcane to after teng's advice thx again for that. and going to try to focus spinners down all aoe spiderlings down when there close last night we were having trouble spotting them where they spawn so waiting till there closer in clear few slowing them then nuking may work better then hopefully on to drone as i said were on early stages all advice gratefully received

Arcane would be better to focus down the spinners. Arcane Explosion, CoC, and Frost nova give you a decent number of tools to kill the spiderlings with.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

went again last night forgot to take a log unfortunatly but things went much smoother got her down to 35% (our last try of the night) were just getting a little behind on adds end of ph 1 and last go we didnt get all the final pack of spiderlings down so she jumped bck up to near enough full health so bit more work and she should go down thx again for advice guys and going arcane work really weel thx

+ Reply to Thread