+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Reforging

Warrior Reforging

So I have been looking at a lot of top warrior tanks for their gear/reforge/gem selection and I use it as a sanity check to make sure that my understanding of the proper mechanics is solid. I dont have a lot of interest in crunching numbers (its what I do for a living and I prefer to leave it at work) so I rely on the community a lot to point me in the right direction.

My understanding of reforging avoidance (assuming I cannot reforge mastery) is to try and keep Parry and Dodge close to avoid diminishing returns and to have Parry slightly higher to increase the Hold the Line uptime.

The problem is that I have seen a lot of end game tanks stacking dodge over parry and I don't understand why.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Xav/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...axbys/advanced

Here are a couple of end game tanks I keep an eye on. Both of them are reforging out of Parry and into Dodge. In some cases, by a lot.

I have checked the forums for a reason for this but havent come up with anything. Does anyone know if the theorycrafting behind reforging has changed? Obviously, you dont want to just look at what another tank is doing and copy it for no reason, but the methodology these tanks are using is different than my understanding.

Can anyone help?
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

Becuase when Blessing of Kings and Battle shout(and their equivalents) both increase Strength you get alot more parry rating than you do dodge rating when you're fully buffed

Got it. Thank you for the clarification. I knew I was missing something.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

intervene talent for rag taunt swaps? thats interesting.
    "The greatest snowball isn't a snowball at all, it's fear"

Teng is right, but that said dodge should not be over the top of parry since there is a significant increase of parrys mitigation value after block cap due to HtL.

and on the guys wh the OP linked it won't be once they're full buffed.

I mean it should not be on the armory either as the ratio should be higher than what the buffs provide, at least the last time I checked for my gear.

+ Reply to Thread