+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking a lot of damage - Warrior

Taking a lot of damage - Warrior

Hello!

This is my warrior: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...owara/advanced

My gear is good imo but I have a problem. I take a lot of damage compared to a guildie of mine with pretty much equal gear. But I have reforged to mastery, hit and expertise at the cost of dodge and he hasnt. But after I tanked Isiset, I realized that I take way to much damage. The reason I have low dodge is because I followed a tanking guide (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aclysm-Edition), maybe I removed to much dodge?

Do you have any idea what I have done wrong? I keep shield block up every CD and use Shield Wall when I fight bosses. Also, atm I only do 5 man HCs just because of this.

Yes, Im gonna enchant my boots!

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    you don't use pure stam gems anymore unless you're in heroic raid level gear. Yellow should be pure mastery gems, your stam/mastery should be in blue sockets, red should be parry/mastery if I'm not mistaken. You're gonna want to pick up the trinket out of Throne of Tides heroic, reforge the dodge on it to mastery, farm Tol'Barad rep and get the mastery trinket from them.

reforging to hit/exp is a no no, you don't need it, remove all your reforges expect ones to mastery, then reforge to mastery more but keep dodge/parry at a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Mastery > Dodge/Parry (Parry ~300 over Dodge) > Stamina > Expertise till 25.4 > Hit

Stamina gemming is only viable for HM tanking & some specific points in gear (e.g. past Unhittable, where Mastery becomes far less useful)
    Last edited by Airowird; 08-26-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Fowara View Post
    But after I tanked Isiset, I realized that I take way to much damage.
    Do you have any idea what I have done wrong? I keep shield block up every CD and use Shield Wall when I fight bosses. Also, atm I only do 5 man HCs just because of this.
    If you are taking too much damage on *Isiset* then it's highly unlikely to be a pure gear issue. I'm pretty sure that's not a significant 'boss melee damage challenge' fight. This statement makes me concerned that perhaps you aren't understanding your damage or deaths. Maybe you weren't killing the celestial adds quickly or you (or your healer?) were getting hit by the supernova or something? A deathlog addon like death note can make it easier to understand what damage actually led up to your death, but encounter awareness is a general experience thing. If you have a good understanding of the encounter mechanics, you can make better use of your cooldowns (e.g. delaying shield block a little to cover a bit of burst damage rather just 'on cooldown', using shield wall on the toughest parts of the fight, using the rest of your tools like enraged regeneration+last stand etc)

As for gear, I don't see you wearing the Molten Front rewards (neck, boots) or the Thrall quest chain cloak. If you have the time you should be farming those dailies, and also doing tol barad dailies to get the mirror trinket.

A cloud at Isiset does a fairly invisible targetted AoE on a player which ticks for a large amount (30k ish per second iirc). Standing in this while your healer is incapacitated by Supernova could be quite deadly.

Thanks a lot guys for the help!

So, I bougth the neck and boots from Molten Front. Yellow gems = Pure mastery, red = parry/stamina, blue = mastery/stamina.

I changed to mastery on boots and gloves. Dodge on bracers.
    Last edited by Fowara; 08-26-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Want to point out, the Dragonmaw clan exalted boots are far superior then the molten front boots if you have the exalted standing. Base mastery on it is too much to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

I would not say the Dranonmaw boots are "far" supirior. While in this case they are most likely optimal due to their mastery (she logged out in fury gear, i can't see her Prot set) if you manage to get your defensive stats up to par they are a very viable upgrade with a reforge. This would be situational though. I did however look at your prot talent tree, impending victory needs to go to Incite, no if's ands or buts. There are a few other things, but those are mostly personal preferance.

+ Reply to Thread