+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin vs Voracious Hatchlings

Paladin vs Voracious Hatchlings

What would you say is the ideal "DPS rotation" on Alysrazor's Voracious Hatchlings for a Paladin tank? We've got a new Paladin tank re-roll and he was having a bit of a hard time with this fight. Most of his (lack of) damage dealing and taking issues are gear related, I'm sure, but it would be nice to help him with something simple like a rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

I use the standard SD_ShoR/I_ShoR > Inq > CS > AS > HoW > J > HW/Cons with my normal mastery setup (14 exp with glyph and 1.7% hit) and kill it on normal mode with 20ish seconds to spare and heroic chickens with about 5-6 seconds to spare. While on the chickens I do between 145k and 160k DPS, with spikes as high as 200k for a few seconds.

Make sure to glyph for Focused Shield for this encounter if you're worried about your damage output, too. There's no AoE tanking, so the 30% is a HUGE boost.

If you have a lock have them CoE your bird. 8% more holy damage is not to be sneezed at.

We are small guild 4/7 on 10N, and stuck on Alysrazor because I can't dps for jack. On this boss I can't seem to clear 85K on 10N. My chicken never dies in time (maybe 5 - 10%) and it leads to a wipe. Our other tank is a DK, belonging to a class which is reputedly sucky on the chicken, yet he manages to easily solo the spawn while I can't even come close.

I'm obviously doing something wrong but I just can't figure out what it is.

I use the standard rotation that every guide says. Just basically CS / Filler / CS / Filler / CS / HoPo dump (Shield if proc is up, WoG if I'm in danger, Inquisition otherwise). It's not producing results and I wonder what are the obvious things that I must be missing.

I checked for seals etc, all that basic basic stuff. I'm pulling my hair out and can't figure out what's wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Aeshsea; 08-27-2011 at 12:51 AM.

An armoury link would help. What Seal are you using? Hows your uptime on Avenging Wrath? Have you taken Focused shield?

This is what I had, except I switched off a WoG glyph for CS glyph after the raid went to bed. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Aeshsea/talent/primary

I'm using Seal of Truth, as anyone would. Avenging Wrath I could do better w/ the uptime, but I'm not sure how much difference that will make. And yes I am using focused shield.

I'm not technically skilled with parses, so I can't give a precise number on my Avenging Wrath uptime. But the first phase lasts only about a few minutes, so the difference would be popping that CD once versus twice.
    Last edited by Aeshsea; 08-27-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Just to be clear your filler prioty is AS>HoW>J>Conc>HW? and your not clipping Inq? and if Inq is up you are using ShotR even if SD hasn't procced? TBH I can't see why you should be struggling with the birds.

You should see a small DPS increase dropping a point from Hallowed Ground into Reckoning, it's the third best single target DPS talent available to you behind Sacred Duty and Wrath of the Lightbringer

I only ShotR when SD is up, so maybe that's the problem. Going to swap the 1 pt over too.

I added a macro that puts all my filler spells into one button, although I'm going to change the cast sequence now that you reminded me of the firing priority.

I'm very grateful for your tips - hope I'll do better tmr.

Okay that macro is probably why you're having trouble. Macro's generally aren't very good at reacting to procs, and reacting to Grand Crusader procs is a significant DPS increase.

+ Reply to Thread