+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting with felguard...

Starting with felguard...

so, I switched my warlock to demo because our guild needed one, and am starting to get pretty familiar with the play style.

I have my meta macroed to demonsoul and trinkets and pop them all together. my question is, would it be a dps increase to start the fight with the felguard active for the superior demonsoul effect, and then pop a soulstone and switch to the felhunter for the rest of the fight for the higher single target dps that pet provides.

I think that the 15% haste and 10% damage during meta should more than make up for any dps I might lose from not having the felhunter, and the felhunter's demonsoul only affects a demo locks' corruption and bane of doom, right? I could also macro in felstorm for a little bit of an extra boost as well.

anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this, or know of a good way to sim it? The only way I can think of to test it is just to actually test it, which I plan on doing, but expect will take some time and not be as accurate or reliable as I'd like it to be.

A lot of the top ranked demo parses have a ton of shadow bite damage so I think your right.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

thanks, but that wasn't my question. I'm well aware that the felhunter is the better single target dps, my question refers to the use of the felguard's demon soul.

The current Simcraft shows it to be a DPS increase in T12HC gear.

+ Reply to Thread