+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gearing up again for raids

I wouldn't quibble over Ilevel, Better boots are better boots regardless of I level, i mean would you wear some 372 boots with int/resilience and hast on to up your ilvl? no, you'd take the boots that made you the hardest to kill and easiet to heal, right?

The meta gem is better becuase it lowers your damage take by a larger amount than the armour meta. Armour has diminishing returns and every tank is quite hard into those DRs so you actually need a hell of alot of armour to actually increase the damage reduction from armour by a meaningful amount losing 2% of your armour doesn't actually decrease your damage reduction by much (IIRC its about a 0.3% damage reduction loss dependent on how much armour you have). On the other hand Blocking has no DRs what so ever , and as a block tank you should be blocking the vast majority of non avoided swings so most of the attacks against you will be decreased by an additional 1%

As to HP, I honestly don't know i managed most of T11 with less than 130k hp and never felt it was insuffient, It's just not a factor that concerns me at all. Getting full combat table coverage is worth alot more than Stam

This is the maths behind the meta gem discussion if you are interested.

As for hp, I think I had around 145-150k full buffed with a stamina flask when starting out in T11.

Finally getting into a BoT raid. Did the first 2 bosses (0 wipes on the bosses themselves), ofcourse no drops for me

Ok, rule of thumb, there is no such thing as a minimum health pool for raiding. Having health is one of those thing that should happen by itself and therefor you don't need to worry about it. For the most part your gemming looks good, but there are a few items (hand and waist) where the socket bonus is debateable as to wether you should follow it or gem pure mastery.
    I would say with your level of mastery the molten front boots are fine until you can get the 378 craftable (this is my personal opinion and is quite debateable, just understand i am not the infinate scource of wisdom in the WoW universe). Speaking of which, i would suggest finding a good way to make money (assuming you haven't already) and look into getting yourselft the recipe for Mirrior Boots. For that you will need living embers which (depending on server) should be less than 10k gold each on the AH or from FL boss drops, this is where haveing a guild that wants to see you progress comes in handy. Also if you are unable to get into FL trash runs (something i highly recomend attempting to do) you may want to look into buying the 3 BOE tank items, 2 of them are BIS i believe (excluding heroic versions).
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 08-28-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Ok, rule of thumb, there is no such thing as a minimum health pool for raiding. Having health is one of those thing that should happen by itself and therefor you don't need to worry about it. For the most part your gemming looks good, but there are a few items (hand and waist) where the socket bonus is debateable as to wether you should follow it or gem pure mastery.
    I would say with your level of mastery the molten front boots are fine until you can get the 378 craftable (this is my personal opinion and is quite debateable, just understand i am not the infinate scource of wisdom in the WoW universe). Speaking of which, i would suggest finding a good way to make money (assuming you haven't already) and look into getting yourselft the recipe for Mirrior Boots. For that you will need living embers which (depending on server) should be less than 10k gold each on the AH or from FL boss drops, this is where haveing a guild that wants to see you progress comes in handy. Also if you are unable to get into FL trash runs (something i highly recomend attempting to do) you may want to look into buying the 3 BOE tank items, 2 of them are BIS i believe (excluding heroic versions).
    Yeah I am looking into making gold but with only mining/bs it's kinda hard to get much with all the competition. The ores don't sell that well (rate is about 250g per hour?) that would take me 4 hours to get 1k and 40 hours for 10k :/

I need myself a herb/alch alt...

There are ways of making money without profesions (not including playing the AH like it's the stock market) and you can also get good income with minning, you just have to think outside the box a little.

Daily quests give about 13g each (i think) and you can knock off 25 of them a day in about an hour (325g plus greys, greens (disenchant and sell), cloth etc). Molten Core is also quite profitable.

Yep, dailies, or you can also work on you Cata Loremaster, you will get a LOT of gold out of this and it's a nice achievement. And it will help max your rep with factions if you haven't already.
    Blackwing Lair as well, most servers have a good market for Elementium Ingots for people who are trying to get Thunderfury.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Tempest Keep - The Eye. Clearing the Loot Reaver, Mage woman, Al'ar and trash is an easy 1k gold and maybe some good looking retro gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

I myself am a BS/Eng, I make most of my money from running 5 mans. greed (oe D/E) on everything that drops, spend the excess JP on enchanting mats (shards and essences tend to sell well)

Just completed Uldum for the Cata loremaster, got about 2k
    Last edited by Jeffro; 09-05-2011 at 05:00 AM.

I've been working on my offspec as well now, my ret spec is about 354 atm: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Grim%20Batol/Zeffuro/

Y
    ou can also switch to protection there if you want to see it how it's geared atm.

Am I doing good and what can I do to quickly improve my ret spec to 359 as well? (and do more then 11-12k dps fully buffed ;( )

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    I've been working on my offspec as well now, my ret spec is about 354 atm: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Grim Batol/Zeffuro/

Y
    ou can also switch to protection there if you want to see it how it's geared atm.

Am I doing good and what can I do to quickly improve my ret spec to 359 as well? (and do more then 11-12k dps fully buffed ;( )
    There's a 359 ring you don't have and also from ZG final boss he has a 353 mace a 353 helm from uh, ZA I think, 359 vendor cloak and well better try and get some T11 raid drops via pug or something. Your hit is fine, but your expertise is lower then what it needs to be.
    Last edited by Toushiro; 09-05-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    There's a 359 ring you don't have and also from ZG final boss he has a 353 mace a 353 helm from uh, ZA I think, 359 vendor cloak and well better try and get some T11 raid drops via pug or something. Your hit is fine, but your expertise is lower then what it needs to be.
    Yeah well the helm dropped 3 times..... All rolled away by a warrior.
    The weapon hasn't dropped yet.

I'm still sceptical about the 359 cloak being better. Isn't haste still a better stat to have/reforge then the dodge?

Already done all T11 this week. Paladins get free 10 expertise with a glyph when Seal is active. So I'm exp and hit capped

Get firelands rep for cloak at friendly and belt at honored, easy upgrades for both specs. Can do a trashrun just to get rep or just regular raid. Trinkets at revered aren't that awesome but probably upgrade to what you have atm.

+ Reply to Thread