+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gearing up again for raids

Gearing up again for raids

Hey there Tankspot,

I've been away from WoW from a long time now and just gotten back a week.
    I'm doing best on gearing up again so I can raid again.
    I would love some advice on how it is looking now. I don't know what to get now from JP and I'm still grinding VP for t12 chest I guess.

I'm doing all HC's and my FL/Tharezane dailes.

So what am I lacking? What raids could I consider to join at this point?

Any advice would be nice to get

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Zeffuro/simple

T
    hanks in advance!

Not a pally... but wouldn't the T12 tier legs be better than the T12 tier chest in your case, at least for the first item? so you can keep your 2pc T11 for as long as possible?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

The glaring issue is that green trinket. Try to grab the Tol Barad trinket (best option, the resist cooldown is fantastic) or something from a 5-man, like Porcelain Crab or Leaden Despair.

You're also missing a couple enchants and need to get your Mining to 525.

49% block is pretty low. Your stat priority looks like this: Mastery >> Dodge/Parry >> Hit/Expertise. Stamina is useful, get some of it but I wouldn't recommend gemming much of it aside from green gems in blue sockets. You also want to keep your Dodge/Parry relatively even, but this is secondary to stacking Mastery.

Your spec looks okay (I haven't seen the math on Grand Crusader versus Reckoning, but I have a hunch that GC is a bit better). Don't glyph Consecrate though, and definitely do not glyph Divine Protection outside of a handful of raid encounters (most damage you take is physical).

All of the T11 raids have upgrades for you, so pug them if you can.

Not a pally... but wouldn't the T12 tier legs be better than the T12 tier chest in your case, at least for the first item? so you can keep your 2pc T11 for as long as possible?
    The 2-piece bonuses don't make much difference outside of Alysrazor (now that threat is lolz) but the T12 legs and T11 chest are perfectly itemized (avoidance/mastery) making them much more attractive than the T12 chest, which is dodge/parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    The glaring issue is that green trinket. Try to grab the Tol Barad trinket (best option, the resist cooldown is fantastic) or something from a 5-man, like Porcelain Crab or Leaden Despair.

You're also missing a couple enchants and need to get your Mining to 525.

49% block is pretty low. Your stat priority looks like this: Mastery >> Dodge/Parry >> Hit/Expertise. Stamina is useful, get some of it but I wouldn't recommend gemming much of it aside from green gems in blue sockets. You also want to keep your Dodge/Parry relatively even, but this is secondary to stacking Mastery.

Your spec looks okay (I haven't seen the math on Grand Crusader versus Reckoning, but I have a hunch that GC is a bit better). Don't glyph Consecrate though, and definitely do not glyph Divine Protection outside of a handful of raid encounters (most damage you take is physical).

All of the T11 raids have upgrades for you, so pug them if you can.

The 2-piece bonuses don't make much difference outside of Alysrazor (now that threat is lolz) but the T12 legs and T11 chest are perfectly itemized (avoidance/mastery) making them much more attractive than the T12 chest, which is dodge/parry.
    Thank you for the advice

Reason for missing the shoulder enchant is because I wasn't even revered with that faction but I'm farming it atm.
    I do need to get the other enchant though. I missed out that one because I thought socket wouldn't stack with it.

In the terms of current gear I have, do you think I should regem some slots (been following the puissant gem trend) and reforge. If yes what would be the best choices there now, should I give up on a lot of parry/dodge for mastery?

I knew my spec wasn't optimal yet because it's like a 1 talent difference. Was just forgetting to change it around all the time.

Yeah I should switch around some glyphs. Do people constantly reglyph now between trash and bosses? Because I really like unglyphed AS for trash and AOE dmg.

I should start doing Tol Borad, ty for the heads up but I should also try to get one of those other trinkets to drop.

Green trinket is bad but I do need stam trinket.

Would people still invite me to pugs? Last time I saw trade they were asking 360 ilvl with achievement for BoT :/

They nerfed T11 to the ground so even a 333 geared person can finish it we have done it many times with our low geared players to gear them up. Just make sure u know the tactics and u should be fine.

Just did some reforging on my gear just now after doing my FL dailies. Block is a lot better now

Looks almost decent. Missing shoulder/hands enchant, easy upgrades would be shoulders from ZA, justice/valor relic, boe bracers if you have the money/alt for it.

As far as trinkets go i run a stamina one + mastery one as warrior but paladins run double mastery trinkets alot for unhittable. Tol barad got 2 mastery trinkets, firelands dailies got a nice stamina trinket and the Tier11 stamina trinkets are easy to get as well since it has been nerfed. Can get 346 trinkets from regular heroics until you get better.

Can reforge chest/hands parry>dodge to keep them equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Looks almost decent. Missing shoulder/hands enchant, easy upgrades would be shoulders from ZA, justice/valor relic, boe bracers if you have the money/alt for it.

As far as trinkets go i run a stamina one + mastery one as warrior but paladins run double mastery trinkets alot for unhittable. Tol barad got 2 mastery trinkets, firelands dailies got a nice stamina trinket and the Tier11 stamina trinkets are easy to get as well since it has been nerfed. Can get 346 trinkets from regular heroics until you get better.

Can reforge chest/hands parry>dodge to keep them equal.
    Wouldn't it be better to use my Valor Points for a t12 item instead of the cheap 700 relic, I only have 980 vp now and it would set me back an entire week meaning I need 3 more weeks to farm one tier piece...

I am doing my fireland dailies although going very slow.

I'll take the reforge suggestions ty

BoE bracers are 10k+? Don't have that much ;(

Tierpieces will be a bigger upgrade then the relic yeah. 3x980=2940 so could buy 1 2200 piece + relic in 3 weeks, but buying the relic would mean delaying the next piece one week. Its the only option for a relic while there are multiple options for other slots, just go with what's the biggest upgrade.

Bracer prices are dropping down to 7k on my realm so maybe later on

Bleh, couldn't do most of TB today, alliance when I wanted to

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Grim%20Batol/Zeffuro/

S
    eems like I got up again

I've spent the evening mining and putting 2k gold into finishing blacksmithing.

I think the itemisation is very close now and is pretty good

I should probably get in a raid now but people are still asking 365 + achieve bleh. Will need to wait till guild maybe wants to do it with me

I did forgot to reglyph though. Still need to work that out

In your position I would abuse human psychology:

Look for PuGs that are only needing a tank, or a tank and a dps. They are likely to have been looking for a tnak for a while, and thus may drop the 365 requirement if you can impress upon than you know what you are doing.

Tne thing that may get you turned down though is the green trinket. It is quite a good trinket for the level and quality, but a PuG raid leader will see it and say no. Are you running stonecore heroic and throne of the tides heroic for the trinkets from those two instances?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    In your position I would abuse human psychology:

Look for PuGs that are only needing a tank, or a tank and a dps. They are likely to have been looking for a tnak for a while, and thus may drop the 365 requirement if you can impress upon than you know what you are doing.

Tne thing that may get you turned down though is the green trinket. It is quite a good trinket for the level and quality, but a PuG raid leader will see it and say no. Are you running stonecore heroic and throne of the tides heroic for the trinkets from those two instances?
    Well basicly I'm spamming random heroics for rep farm and the call to war tank awards

I should try to do stonecore/throne of the tides specificly and try my luck (I'm not really lucky there).

And I really want a stam trinket... Doesn't Throne only drop threat trink? The one from Stonecore is nice though.

The Erunak squid-on-head boss drops a trinket with 200 something dodge and a mastery on hit procc, reforge the dodge to mastery.

While I would agree that having a stam trinket in the bags is a good idea for specific fights, you seem to be a little persistant about it. Stam is not the goal like it was. You should be persueing unhittable. Since mastery is not subject to diminishing returns, it is your best stat to stack.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    While I would agree that having a stam trinket in the bags is a good idea for specific fights, you seem to be a little persistant about it. Stam is not the goal like it was. You should be persueing unhittable. Since mastery is not subject to diminishing returns, it is your best stat to stack.
    This.

I have healed many tanks that have less health than me as a healer in heroic 5 mans and I find myself wanting to heal them more than any tank that stacks stam. Tanks no longer have to be able to take the big hits in heroic instances like they used to. As long as you avoid the mechanics of the fight that are supposed to hit hard (i.e. Ozruk's aoe damage in Stonecore), a tank can survive for quite a while. It's minimizing the damage that you take and leveling it out that is the objective of the avoidance and mastery stacking.
    Bears are strong.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    It might not seem like it but the Dragonmaw Clan Rep tank boots are a much better then the ones you got on right now, you get more mastery since it has a flat mastery rating of 159 on them. You gain around 107 more mastery, which is a good bit. You really want to get the Crab from Throne of Tides it's proc is amazing, hands down one of the best pre-raid trinkets. I'm not to sure how paladins work when it comes to dodge/parry if they want to just balance % or rating, if you need to balance via rating, then the Grim Batol trinket from the 2nd Boss can help increase your parry/mastery(after reforging) since the Crab is gonna add a lot of dodge rating even after reforging.

check out
    http://chardev.org/?profile=206359 - this is where just % is pretty balanced.
    http://chardev.org/?profile=206364 - this has the rating balanced out, but you only gain 86 mastery in total but you get 2 346 trinkets.
    http://chardev.org/?profile=206380 - 2nd link but with different meta, shoulder, bracers and belt bucket gems, has about 60 mastery gain.
    Last edited by Toushiro; 08-24-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Paladins aim to balance their dodge and parry ratings when raid buffed. There is no glaring difference between dodge and parry for a paladin (we have no "HtL" to skew it).

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Paladins aim to balance their dodge and parry ratings when raid buffed. There is no glaring difference between dodge and parry for a paladin (we have no "HtL" to skew it).
    well I guess, you can tell him what Link is best to look at then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Seems like I got some huge regemming to do then. And switch my tabard to dragonmaw again. Only thing is that my itemlvl will get set back again and my guild won't take me to firelands (even in alt runs) until I hit atleast 359 itemlvl.

I am grinding the TB and FL dailies nonstop atm but it looks like it will take me about 2 months to get exalted with Hellscream :/

Can you explain me why that metagem is better then the one I have now?

I will drop quite a bit in stamina though, I thought I need to have at least 150k hp to get raiding going?

Also thank you all for actively responding in the topic

+ Reply to Thread