+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just some quick advice please

Just some quick advice please

I have some concerns about my dodge , parry and hit rating . I know i need to upgrade some gear and am working on that . Basically just need my stats verified.
    Thanks here is my armory link
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ryxis/advanced

You're reforging away too much Dodge, you'll want Parry Rating to be no more than 200 rating above Dodge (and another ~100 if you have Windwalk & care about min-maxing the damage reduction from that enchant).

Also, Gun & Shield could to with exp/hit reforge towards avoidances
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I have tried reforging and gemming but am still having trouble getting my parry and dodge rating closer . I have tried reforenator addon but it tells me to reset most of the gear . So now i'm stuck as to what to do . any more advise would be appricated .

I don't see what the problem; is you have alot of Parry/Mastery bits that could have their parry reforged to dodge to get your avoidance better balanced, shoulder's, gloves, main hand, Second ring.

Ok will do thanks

/puke
    Hit and expertise do not belong in a prot warrior's gems sockets, you get more than pleny threat in your rotation without them, and that was befor our threat got buffed. The only exception to this is if you make a habit of tanking for DPS who greatly outgear you, then you mihgt have problems. If so ask them to lay off a little bit at the start of a fight. Here's what you should be geming unless you're doing heroic raids:
    Blue: mastery/stam
    Red: parry/mastery
    Yellow: mastery
    Prismatic: mastery
    Socket bonus not worth geming for: mastery

Do that and you will see a improvement.

You may also be expieriencing threat problems because you do not have Deep Wounds.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 08-30-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Looked at your spec.

Fireheart necklace is a better tanking neck than what you have. Also, TB trink is way better than Bedrock Talisman imo. If you bought the Impatience of Youth instead for your dps set, I'd use that over Bedrock as well

Thanks for advice guys it's appreciated .

+ Reply to Thread