+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Threat capped?

I'm thinking that threat itself, given that it is a system that has been unchanged since the game launched, would probably need a lot of coding and not just a "1 damage = 1 threat, not 100" change. They said about other systems that are pretty much belong to the core of WoW that it is not very easy to change (account structure for example - b.net accounts, cross-realm stuff etc) things.

Actually if you remember previous planned changes you'd know that Blizzard was concerned about threat before and did have a solution to the problem in mind. Rather than increasing the amount of threat, they were going to introduce threat decay. This change however never came to pass and threat was left in its original form. Blizzard has taken a completely different approach now in that they don't want threat to matter (as much) anymore.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Threat decay imho costs too much resources to solve something they can fix in another way.
    Not to mention it would actually totally fuck over tanks because you'll NOT want to get a threat lead (as you'll just lose it), making this just ... weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Like I said, Blizzard is going a completely different direction now. Threat decay was a concept which would actually make you care more about threat (because more than just the first 30 seconds of the fight would matter). Right now it's unclear their future intentions for threat other than they don't want it to be the primary concern of a tank's rotation. I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes to the threat when tanking gameplay changes start taking effect.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread