+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deathwing coming to a raid near you in Patch 4.3!

Deathwing coming to a raid near you in Patch 4.3!

Source: http://wow.gamona.de/2011/08/17/wow-...ehegter-traum/

MMO-Champion has a translation of the article here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...r-Void-Storage

So the next patch will likely contain the last raid of the expansion and will culminate with the Deathwing encounter, the Abyssal Maw isn't going to happen (as a raid instance anyway) and we get some sort of armor-appearance customization.

Awesome.

*update*

Blizz put out more info on Transmorgrification! (source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048)
    Last edited by Halandir; 08-17-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

I'll believe the "last raid" comment when I don't see Ruby Sanctum. Deathwing being the main objective of the expansion doesn't guarentee he will be the last content patch of the expansion as neither Illidan or Lich King were last in their respective expansions.

I will quote mmo-champion on this one.
    "it very likely to be the last patch"

Until I see a release date for an expansion though, "very likely last" and "is last" are not one in the same. All comments about it being last or possably last are by the community, not from Blizzard themselves.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Considering the whole thread on the Old Gods i would say they will bring N'Zath at some point. Either in this raid or in the next.

Furthermore, 4.3 will also bring three entirely new 5-man instances - Chilton assured us that these won't contain any re-vamped content
    its a miracle,there actually not rehashing something for once

Mists of Pandera will ship in 2nd quarter 2012? or 3rd? Via the leak that may or may not be correct.

So this means if we get t13 before 2012 that means it will have to last 9 months before xpack release... Which sounds about right for blizzards logic.

My only hope is that we get more then 7 bosses. I remember reading they want this to be THE BIGGEST content patch to day (from the stock holder's meeting). So hopefully we see a 15+ boss encounter. Preferably something that will take a while to progress in so we aren't left with 10 months of farming.

In other news 5mans! I can stop grinding those troll instances

In other news still looks like at least 3 more months of firelands
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    So hopefully we see a 15+ boss encounter. Preferably something that will take a while to progress in so we aren't left with 10 months of farming.
    Ugh...15 bosses is too much...becomes a huge grind.

10 is a good number, to me.

15 bosses, with a gate system that makes it so you can only kill 3 per month, just to make the world first mongers QQ!

Just kidden, 10 would be a good solid number... just no super mario turtles as trash mobs... those things are the devil!

cross realm raid finder

i lol'd pretty hard.i wonder if blizzard relizes how much fail that will be from looking at how the dungeon finder turned out,and from looking at how firelands turned out im not holding my breath on deathwing
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 08-17-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    cross realm raid finder

i lol'd pretty hard.i wonder if blizzard relizes how much fail that will be from looking at how the dungeon finder turned out,and from looking at how firelands turned out im not holding my breath on deathwing
    Umm, where are you getting that information PimpJuice4?
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

According to the news sites, Chilton said it during an interview.

Finally, Chilton explained a new feature coming with the patch called "Raid Finder". The Raid Finder essentially operates like a dungeon finder, automating the search for fellow players on the hunt for a good raiding party. It will be built into the game's updated user interface when the patch hits, they said. The bulk of the patch, though, will be a lot new content, Chilton said.
    "It has a whole bunch of content," he said, "three dungeons for five player instances and a new raid instance culminating in the Deathwing fight."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Raid Finder? Oh dear God no......

Wow is in the process of jumping the shark.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Raid finder COULD work if they let you have a comment section, or give you a larger degree of control over the raid group then you have the LFG system. A vote to kick system won't work, with the current limitations on the vote to kick system it will be nigh impossible to raid with that group.

@Ion; I'll be back in class I would be fine for a 20 boss instance raid will give me something to do other then homework. Well if and only if the loot tables get a bit smaller so you don't have to repeatedly farm them for joepallies BiS relic. I just like having something to do ingame
    Last edited by leethaxor; 08-17-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

The key being "automating the search for fellow players on the hunt for a good raiding party". If the search is automated and the group built automatically then it will have major issues. As far as PUGing is concerned, at least in a PUG raid today there is a defined leader who is making decisions on who should come (and in many cases the quality of that leader will determine the quality of the group formed). If everything is random, including leadership, then any tiny hope of quality control is lost.

i think there probably gonna lose more subs when people find out how terrible the groups are gonna be in there random raid finder

i mean,it sounds good on paper.but from looking at how the random dungeon finder turned out,god knows

Maybe it won't be cross server , and maybe it'll robust enough to create semi functional groups. With an actual RL rather than the mockracy of the RDF currently.

Regardless I probably won't use it :>

As always, with the Random finder, I worry more about the social aspect than the skill/ability aspect. I don't mind wiping in a heroic dungeon with friendly, nice people. I do mind blowing through in 30 minutes with people who drop racist, homophobic, and gender slurs the whole way. Part of its me and I've developed thin skin, I think. I can just imagine it on a raid scale.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    As always, with the Random finder, I worry more about the social aspect than the skill/ability aspect.
    This. 110% This. I really do miss pugging, and having a friendlist full of 'goods' putting together groups on a friday night of dependable people that became friends.
    I miss the networking, the who's who talks, the catching up with old friends you haven't ran with. The whole,
    "Your name sounds fimiliar."
    "Yeah I used to run with synth a lot in wrath."
    "Oh yeah your so and so, how you been."

While I'm really loving the 'harder' content, I find myself more and more busy on my main and now my pugging is doing an alt run with the same 10 people I do a normal raid with it, which just isn't the same...

So..the last raid of the xpac 9 months into the expansion? Does that mean we'll have 1.5 years of raiding it? 9 Months?

Nah, there will be a 4.4, I'm 95% sure of it. And if it is, I even know what will be the end boss & where it will be... well pretty much my assumptions ofcourse, but I got some decent arguments for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    So..the last raid of the xpac 9 months into the expansion? Does that mean we'll have 1.5 years of raiding it? 9 Months?
    As I've said already in the second post of this topic. Anyone saying this is the "last" raid or content patch of the expansion is only commenting on what the community has said. Blizzard never said this. All they said is Deathwing will be in 4.3. Illidan and Arthas were not the last content or the last raid even for that matter of their respective expansions. Until such time as a release date is actually announced for an expansion or Blizzard themselves say it is the "last", anyone saying this is just voicing an opinion. For example, mmo-champion was careful in their wording and said "it is very likely to be the last patch", they didn't say it difinitively was.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 08-18-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread