+ Reply to Thread

Thread: not enough red sockets in my gear to match meta?

not enough red sockets in my gear to match meta?

anyone else thats unholy(i dont know if that matters)had this problem? or is it just me.im about to have enough jp to get the tier chest and ill have 2 pc Tier 12 but it just seems like from looking at my gear now i just dont seem to have enough red sockets in my gear to match my meta

i mean,im gemming strength so the gems are red gems but it just seems like that i dont have enough red sockets to put the gems in

I know you probably already know but Orange in a Yellow or Purple in a Blue will count for Red.

you don't have to put the same color gem in a socket. As a DK DPS I'm pretty sure that basically every gem is going to be +40 str with very few exceptions. Hybrid gems (orange/purple) count as red gems too. For you that'd be haste/str (orange) and hit/str (purple) I think. There's also the belt buckle which is colorless so there's another place to put a 40 str gem. Shouldn't be hard to get to 3.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

There's also the belt buckle which is colorless so there's another place to put a 40 str gem
    ya,i have a belt buckle with a 40 str gem in it but i dont know.it just seems like from looking at my gear i can only get 2 red sockets with red gems in it.and i put a haste/str gem in but it didnt seem to do anything but lower my attack power so i dont know

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sisters-of-elune/Glorveril/simple

thats my armory but im planning on soon getting the Tier chest.i already have the tier gloves but i just dont have em on cuz i dont wanna break my 4 set,although from thinking about it now i could probably put on my gloves cuz i got the tier helm so that made me have 5 set but meh.i have almost enough for the chest and that would give me 2 set tier bonus with the gloves i already have
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 08-15-2011 at 10:59 AM.

I uh..looked at your gear and you have three reds which is the requirement for the meta...

...I don't see the problem here. In fact, I'm kinda wanting to know what the point of this thread was because looking at your armory, you have tons of sockets in there and normally if i recall, STR is so high on the charts for Unholy anyway, that you shouldn't be socketing anything but...

Call me out if I'm wrong on this but really, I'm not understanding why you are asking this when you have tons of holes you can fill up to meet the requirements. Hell, meeting those are a joke nowadays; most of the gems have stats all their classes want, otherwise you override and go with the highest stat which normally is the requirement for the meta.

I don't see the problem here and I'm very confused by your request..are you sure you expressed your question properly when you asked? Cause I feel some of us aren't getting the idea you're trying to convey here.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I don't think the OP understands hybrid gems, and is putting red gems into yellow/blue sockets to help him reach his meta requirement.

Here's how it works: an Orange gem counts as both a yellow and a red gem. If you put an orange gem into a yellow socket (like the one in the Magma Plated Helm with the +30 str bonus that you really want), it will qualify for the socket bonus. However because it's an orange gem, it ALSO qualifies as one of your '3 Red Gems' for meta activation.

The Unholy DK thread on EJ is recommending the following as a gem strategy: Bold Ruby in any red socket, or any socket with a bonus of less than +20 str. Fierce Ember Topaz in yellow sockets with a socket bonus of +20 str or more, Etched Demonseye in any blue socket with a good bonus. In this way, every single gem will count as a red gem for the purposes of meta activation.

Pimpjuice: do you think that the only way to activate your meta is to put a red gem in a red socket, and you only have 2 red sockets? If so the color of gem is the only thing that matters, the socket color doesn't matter as far as counting towards the meta requirement.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread