+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Guild

New Guild

Hello I'm a lvl 85 Resto Druid(Horde). I done 3/12 hc in 4.0 and 1/7 hc in 4.2 i cant say i'm a noob tough i cant say i belong in a guild with 7/7 hc. I Have resendly left my guild where i was in for more then a year which is most of my wow "carrier". And i'm thinking of faction changing and leave everything i know to make a new guild with a friend. I was thinking of a semi-hardcore 3-4 raids a week 10 man core guild. Can anyone give me advice like if you have experience with this pro's / con's how you guys see it ? cause you know i'm spending 20€ for changing and leaving friends i made behind ofcourse. Please tell me what you should do and if you have tryed/been in the same situation.

Not sure if this is right section to post tough Oo sorry if this doesnt belong here but it said help i need advice ^^
    Last edited by kyosukii; 08-14-2011 at 10:50 AM.

bumb

Okay, I have some advice.
    People will take you a lot more serious if you proofread your posts, try to remove obvious errors and include some interpunction and spacing to make it more readable.
    I'm not saying that you can't make any mistakes, but putting some effort into the posts shows that you care about what you are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Okay, crimes against the english language aside, no one can decide whats best for you better than you. I would say that starting up a new guild is hard work, especially with the the Guild perks, even more so if you tend to be a raiding guild. Would you join a guild if you where after raiding that had no progression, no history no perks and you didn't know anyone in it. I would suggest that if you wanted to play with your mate that either of you faction change and apply to an already up and running guild, but I'm not you so what do i know?

In my expierience if you're not sure what to do, do nothing.

Don't bump your posts.

From what I can tell your making the choice between your internet friends that you made on your current server and an RL friend on another server, correct?

If so (and I'm preceding under that assumption so if I'm off by 5 miles then just let me know instead of correcting everything thing I say).

A few things to consider.

A) What do you know about running a guild? Have you ever been an officer before? Do you understand the drama that people will create around loot, raid spots, etc. and do you know how to correctly deal with it? Are you good with people? Can you communicate? Win people over to your argument?

B) What do you have in mind for loot distribution, how do people earn raid spots, etc. There is more then just hey lets get 10 people together and make a guild, to raiding. What will you do when people leave, because every guild has turn over? Where will you host a website, will you host a website, where will you get your ventrillo/mumble/teamspeak server from, etc.

If you can answer those questions then you can start a guild.

C) How attached are you to your ingame and RL friends, if your passion is to get ahead in your wow playing career which would you rather play with? Is your RL friend good? Will you have to carry him? Is he going to stay with this game? I've had a number of RL friends quit wow very quickly because they got bored, found 'a life' etc.

Ultimately what your doing is no different then me posting on these forums saying "Should I take the job at RESA that pays less and be closer to my family? Or should I take the consulting job down in the city and earn more but be another 90 minutes from home."
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Don't bump your posts.

From what I can tell your making the choice between your internet friends that you made on your current server and an RL friend on another server, correct?

If so (and I'm preceding under that assumption so if I'm off by 5 miles then just let me know instead of correcting everything thing I say).

A few things to consider.

A) What do you know about running a guild? Have you ever been an officer before? Do you understand the drama that people will create around loot, raid spots, etc. and do you know how to correctly deal with it? Are you good with people? Can you communicate? Win people over to your argument?

B) What do you have in mind for loot distribution, how do people earn raid spots, etc. There is more then just hey lets get 10 people together and make a guild, to raiding. What will you do when people leave, because every guild has turn over? Where will you host a website, will you host a website, where will you get your ventrillo/mumble/teamspeak server from, etc.

If you can answer those questions then you can start a guild.

C) How attached are you to your ingame and RL friends, if your passion is to get ahead in your wow playing career which would you rather play with? Is your RL friend good? Will you have to carry him? Is he going to stay with this game? I've had a number of RL friends quit wow very quickly because they got bored, found 'a life' etc.

Ultimately what your doing is no different then me posting on these forums saying "Should I take the job at RESA that pays less and be closer to my family? Or should I take the consulting job down in the city and earn more but be another 90 minutes from home."
    Thanks alot for the advice

+ Reply to Thread