+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms or Fury for Raiding?

Arms or Fury for Raiding?

So I have been gone from the WoW community since around Jan. I just want to know what is the best DPS Raid spec for a Warrior at this time; Arms or Fury? So hopefully someone can help out and answer this simple question. Thank You to those who do.

fury
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

...or arms.
    ...or both.

While Fury is generally a bit ahead, arms isn't so far behind so if played well can do fine. If you are talking about firelands raiding, there aren't a lot of situations that favour arms, although that might vary depending on your strategy and raid comp. If you are 10 man raiding, raid buff synergies and capabilities are a big deal, rampage beats blood frenzy but 5% crit comes from various other classes. If you are looking to make yourself attractive to a raiding guild, you'd probably want to have a fury spec and the option for an arms offspec. If you already have a raid spot waiting, you'll want to know what the raid leader prefers.

I disagree. In current content Arms is behind, plain and simple. Go fury.

Except on Shannox where it's ahead. On most fights there's less than a 5% difference between the performance of both specs according to WoL, and Simcraft putes TG fury about 500DPS above arms in T12HC gear, with SMF Fury about 900DPS behind Arms. IF you have 2 decent 2handers go Fury; if you don't go Arms

The difference in Simcraft is based on having the maces from Rags isn't it, which is a 6 ilvl boost.

My guess is it really is something like this:

TG 397s > Arms 397 > TG 391 > SMF 391 > Arms 391 > TG 384 > Arms 384 > TG 378 > SMF 378 > Arms 378

Or at least that seems to make sense to me logically - that it's not quite as straight up as simcraft due to the ilvl difference between TG/Arms and SMF.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

...or both.

i was gonna go both but i recently made a prot spec and so far i like tanking alot more then i used to.i guess when 4.3 comes out if im not bored of playing my warrior and random raid finder pugs arent godawful i might just respec my prot spec and go fury again

Except on Shannox where it's ahead.
    That's wrong.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Shannox/2...default/#30000

As of today Fury is ahead on all fights. You want to be a top notch raider go fury.

Wasn't wrong when I posted it: Wol had the top ranked Arms as ahead of the top ranked Fury. Not that Raidbots/WoL Ranks are a particualirly good measure of DPS, as its skewed as per detailed in the first episode of Forum Junkies.

+ Reply to Thread