+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice-holy paladin.

Need advice-holy paladin.

Let me start saying that I have been healing a long time in my paladin. As of late I have noticed that when I look at the logs of our kills and attempts by healing appears to lag behind the other healers in our team. I also compare it to other paladins in WoL logs and it seems that my output as a healer is very low.

I understand that meters aren't the true measure of a good healer, but they are the only resource we have to pick up tips and ways to improve. I am not very good at looking at logs and seeing bad or even good things. I am gonna post our most recent logs and would love some constructive criticism.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8efjn0jvl4bh1mzf/

Thanks in advance<

Character name is Dozz.
    Last edited by elio; 08-19-2011 at 06:03 PM.

One thing pops to my eyes there. YOu dont use Divine light pretty much at all. 2 longest fights both hade 1 divine light cast.
    Ok i heal 10man heroics so cant say much about 25mans. Holy light crits what average in your fight 16.5k and divine light has potential to crit 4 times more. There has to be something with your healing arranges too since i really havent seen logs from pally that basicly never has to use divine light. I can be wrong about that but doubt it. Even thought paladins have aoe heals paladin is still at his best as tank healer and for raid backup. Like Mainly healing tanks and using HR and LD for the aoe burst dmg that raid takes. Paladins aoe heal cant even be compared to other classes aoe heals. Itś a good help but really long cd + needing HP makes it not spammable
    Last edited by Rhash; 08-20-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Definitely looks like you don't use some of your biggest heals enough. I looked at your last MD fight, just over 5 min fight and your biggest healing spells used were Holy Rad and Holy Light. I am guessing that your being used as a utility healer in that fight and not necessarily a tank or raid healer. If that's the case you might want to make more use of LoD and/or WoG. Both those two were low on your list. I also didn't see a whole lot of use of your cooldowns like AW, AM,DF, HoS. They were used only once if not at all. Now if you were tank healing, DL should be above HL as far as healing done. Also WoG is great to use during cat phase.

Thank you for the input guys.

From looking at the log I'd sugguest using the divine light on the haste proc for the fast cast if its worth it, when the tanks taking excess damage and beacon placement is key... Also consider who your up against in your healing logs resto druids and priests. Your at a loss. Honestly if most of the time if your healing your healing over hots. Which is cutting their heals or your heals. You should get healcomm. Also you should be the main tank healer as you can spam cast direct heals... so you may have to see what your raid healing lead/ raid lead is doing about that. I would really just sugguest looking into what the OTHER healers are doing that your healing isnt being used as much. Are they oom? Are you oom? Why are you wiping? Are you not effectively healing? So honestly it may be an issue of healer communication. Are people just dying do to lack of heals or bad mechanics?

But definitely work divine light in a lot more. Also you should be using word of glory more look at the percentages of word of glory versus light of dawn and youll see what i mean, you can get more out of word of glory than you currently are. You run with resto druids your light of dawn while it is an extra aoe heal its not nearly as effective. Your overhealing with holy shock and holy light is exceptionally high. Most of your overhealing should come from beacon holy radiance and light of dawn. So you might want to either stop casts when targets are at max or the healcomm as previously mentioned.

Good advice in this thread.

I'd also like to note that you have almost 3400 spirit (with Tsunami stacks up) according to your armory. I think you can afford to lose some, even with more Divine Lights. I'd start by skipping blue sockets that don't give a +20 Int bonus, and unforging your trinket and gloves (gloves should be Crit-> Spirit not Haste->Spirit). This may be nitpicking but I think a little extra Int and a hundred or so extra Haste would do you good. I mean, I don't see you even needing to mana pot, so why not convert that excess Spirit into a throughput stat?

More nitpicking: The only benefit to 2/2 Enlightened Judgements is the extra amount on the heal, you get more than enough hit from 1/2 (with your Spirit levels) to hitcap your Judgements. Sticking that second point in 1/2 Improved Judgements over in the Ret tree would increase your range from 20 yards to 25 yards, which may seem like a small quibble but really does help a lot on some fights.

+ Reply to Thread