+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q: Moving from 10man raiding to 25man

Q: Moving from 10man raiding to 25man

I have been running a 10man raid since the beginning of cata. Our raid is comprised mostly of RL friends and a couple people we have become friends with over wow. I want to bring our guild from 10man raiding to 25man but I am having trouble figuring out the best way to do that. We aren't the most progressed guild on the server so recruiting isn't the easiest. Any suggestions?

Lore talked about the member requirements in on of his recent PSTs:

If that doesn't work hit this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmHlOMeys7k&t=19m34s
    Should start at the right point ... and if not, it's 19 minutes 34 seconds into the video.

One thing he said and i agree with that 100%: "Basically you'll need a large enough pool to don't call any raids off." How many nights you want to raid anyways? What's your goals for this tier? Remember that it's only 2 maybe 3 months [*] until Pandas will drive us crazy, is that enough time for you to get everything running? Do you already have a large surplus on raiders? Is it enough to form two raids or having one main raid and one raid for benched people + alts?
    [*] at least that's what everyone is hoping for, nobody wants another 12ish month ICC grindfest with DS

Honestly i wouldn't push for 25m to hard right before an addon release because:
    - silly season is going to cut at least 10% of your raiders and regulary your weakest spot, hard to recover from that
    - people going to reroll and having a tank/healer less and a pure dps more who still want a spot can cause some real issues
    - people going to quit, Pokemon and Kung Fu Panda.. seriously Blizzard? Star Wars already got lot of attention and Guild Wars 2 (no monthly fee is a huge plus) and Diablo 3 (start a game and enjoy your stay, no need to plan your schedules and tasks around 9 or 24 other raiders) will get even more to rethink their gaming priorities
    Last edited by klausi; 01-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.

I think that was not actualy your question, i would recomend start adding more raid groups to your guild in order to slowly gain people
    Try to get 3 or 4 10 man raid and then, when mist of pandaria hts, join them and re-assing spc and so if for example you get to much tanks or somethng

+ Reply to Thread