+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me help my fury warrior friend

Help me help my fury warrior friend

Trying to improve my friends dps he plays a fury warrior. I dont play a warrior so i dont know much about them.

Armory link
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...layer/advanced

WoL links from 2 recent raids
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wij8ev03btj9n7xt/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/43e4ympsykjajq2x/

Without getting into each piece of gear your friend needs to reforge. The basic idea it to stack as much crit as possible. For a TG fury warrior the stat priority is strength>expertise to 26>hit to 8%>crit>more hit>mastery>haste. Strength only comes from gear and gems, and on that note a str/hit gem should go in the blue slot in the gloves. Since you can easily reach the expertise and hit caps from gear that already has crit any gear without crit should be reforged into crit not expertise or mastery(which is what your friend did). Once you have crit on all of your gear then you reforge haste>mastery to reach the expertise caps. Beyond that reforge more hit if possible. For most fury warriors all gear is reforged unless its gear with crit/hit. I don't have time to study the logs but tell your friend to make sure he uses an addon like power auras to let him know when he has more than 80 rage for HS. Most fury warriors make the mistake of spamming HS. The proper rotation is CS>BT>RB>slam on proc, HS as rage dump. Never miss a CS or BT cooldown. Pop Cd's to stack with CS. Best of luck,

Bung
    Last edited by Bung; 08-11-2011 at 09:47 PM.

You CAN play a mastery heavy TG, and it has simmed out to do more dps than hit, BUT, it requires a lot of discipline to not be rage starved.

HS must be kept on a tight leash to play this style build successfully. Rage dump, as Bung suggested, or during Battle Trance are the only times HS should be used.

A hit heavy TG build is much more forgiving due to a much more smoother build up/flow of rage.

Re: Help me help my fury warrior friend

Thanks for all the replies...comparing his logs to some other top end warriors he only heroic strikes 1-2 times in a boss fight while other warriors get in around 20 plus...I will try to check and see if he is not using some of his proc. Is there a way to tell on wol when something proc and if the proc is used.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I find that battle trance procs fairly often. If they are only HS one or two times per fight, I would assume they aren't using it then.

[QUOTE]You CAN play a mastery heavy TG, and it has simmed out to do more dps than hit, BUT, it requires a lot of discipline to not be rage starved. /QUOTE]

That is some really terrible advice. Mastery is bad. Crit is king. Every good warrior knows this...please don't post information that goes against common knowledge.

It was never stated that mastery is better than crit, anywhere. Sorry if there was any confusion. It was a comparison between mastery and hit. Hit is still recommended over mastery, but some have been able to sim out mastery heavy as more dps. You CAN drive your feet, BUT it doesn't mean its a good idea.
    Last edited by artie; 08-12-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: apology

+ Reply to Thread