+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Podcast? Marmot/Videos Offline on an ipod touch/iphone?

Podcast? Marmot/Videos Offline on an ipod touch/iphone?

I've recently taken a new job and this facility has a much more strict internet policy (i'm actually browsing/posting remotely as I type this). I am unable to browse any site labled as "gaming" and social media (to include youtube). THe purpose of this post is to inquire whether any of the marmots are available in a Podcast? A second question I have is, are there are visitors that use an ipod touch/iphone to view the Marmots/Youtube videos offline?

I have done some minimal research, but it would appear that the Youtube videos require them to be downloaded and converted to sync. Is there a place where the marmots/videos have alredy been converted to download to sync with an ipod touch/iphone?

I'm sure I'm not the first and only person to run into this situation where our work place blocks this kind of content. I've been very fortunate in the past in that I've positions that were unrestricted for any form of browsing/viewing. Now that I'm in this facility, I went from 100% open to 100% locked down.

I believe the TankSpot videos are available for download for Donors only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

are they in a format compatable for ipod touch/iphone? I'll donate, that's not a problem, but I want to make sure of compatability.

I honestly don't know, as I don't have an iPhone, the movies are in .wmv format afaik. Would need one of the Donors or admin to confirm compatability.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Testing on my iphone right now.

EDIT: After further testing, you can't just simply download the file to your ipod/iphone. It's giving me the file cannot be downloaded. However I'm sure if you download the video and use itunes, you can load it up on the system.

That's about all I can offer.
    Hope that helps

more than likely you need a converter to convert from .wmv to .mp4. I'm really surprised this hasn't been brought up before and the lack of participation on a Tuesday. I actually saved this question for today (Tuesday) because I was anticipating maintenance and thought there would be more traffic.

I guess the answer right now is: there is no podcast (audio only) at all

"Downloading" and converting videos for use on an ipod/iphone is done on your own.

Videos are available in a .wmv file format for donors.

Podcast? Marmot/Videos Offline on an ipod touch/iphone?

Exactly. I don't think we have the conversions going yet and it is up to the user to convert. It's something to bring up for further discussion but the wmv extension is a pretty basic and simple one that most pcs can use. I haven't tested any switching around personally (the extent of testing for me went so far as trying to view a movie on my phone from the donor page) but I'm sure there are coding programs out there easy enough to use.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread