+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Need a Paladin Healing 101

I Need a Paladin Healing 101

I'm coming back off of about a 5 - 6 month break. I was always a tank with OS heals and did alright but some things have changed and I may be needed to heal for the guilds second 10 man.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Aleon/simple

Basically, I just need a quick rundown on what stat importance order is, what spells are the new hotness and maybe some quick tips.

My group that I would be healing for isn't into FL content yet but that is the purpose of this group, to help gear and allow members who still need tokens to get them. All of the earlier Cata content has been cleared by the guild so we will have access to info and assistance if needed. I just hate trying to get all this info via chat and the pool of knowledge is much deeper lol.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Sorry no, I was deep into tanking research when I thought to post this..... such a noob lol. I'll check that out now thanks.

That was 100% what I was looking for, thanks again!

The Holy Pally guide in the healing forums isn't up to date for 4.2. Not *that* much changed, I would still suggest reading through the guide as it's well written and informative, but here's some other stuff to consider:

- Holy Light now transfers 100% of its healing through Beacon. Meaning, there is little to no reason to ever cast Holy Light on your Beacon target, and it's a much more effective way to top off the raid in periods of lower damage.

- 200% healing crits and stacking Mastery shields are new to 4.2 as well, and as a result Crit and Mastery have jumped up in importance. There's a huge debate over whether to stack Haste or Mastery (and in my opinion, Haste is the way to go for the majority of raiding Holy Paladins), but it's clear that our secondary stats are much more similar in value than they were before. I usually just take whatever piece of gear grants me the highest Intellect and reforge it to Spirit or Haste, to be honest.

- Word of Glory is 30% stronger, and so you'll usually want to use it over Light of Dawn for 3 or fewer targets. Also note that the Last Word talent is absurdly good with big crits and a bigger WoG, so you'll want 2/2 in there now if you didn't previously.

- Our cast time heals (Divine Light, Holy Light, and Flash of Light) had their mana costs increased, and Holy Shock had its mana cost decreased, so Holy Shock is our most efficient heal by an even wider margin.

edit: Just looked at armory (forgot to earlier!). You're saved in tank gear, but your spec is kinda funky. One point in Enlightened Judgements will hitcap you for melee attacks (Judgement misses return no mana) on top of a little self-heal that trickles through Beacon, and Eternal Glory is typically a much better source of Holy Power than Blessed Life. I also prefer Glyph of Divinity over the Cleansing one, because there's so little to dispel in raids and it's nice to have what amounts to an extra mana pot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary is what I use, not saying it's the only viable spec in the world but I think it works better.
    Last edited by Sebadoh; 08-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    The Holy Pally guide in the healing forums isn't up to date for 4.2. Not *that* much changed.
    Sebadoh,

I have read the Holy Pally healing guide, but I am currently deployed so I am not able to keep up to date on the new patches. I wanted to be able to get a "warm and fuzzy" before I redeploy, so I was wondering if there are any other changes that I should be aware of? Thanks.

Fantastic! Thank you for the great feedback. I got pulled to tanking for the moment but that's alright since it's my main spec and it allows me the time to continue fixing my healing setup. I will have to make some changes right quick and in a hurry.

+ Reply to Thread