+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wondering if such an addon exist

wondering if such an addon exist

I'm wondering if there is some sort of addon out there that will can show health frames of nearby enemies and who there targeting to easily see if there all targeting me in large Aoe pulls or some sort of addon that could assist in that because tabbing through all the enemies is a pain in the ass

tidy plates will show if they are targetting you or if they are being tanked by some other tank. as for a frame for every enemy's target i dont think there is.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hmm, currently using ElvUI and it shows which ones are targeted me or not by color, depending on spec. If I'm in my DPS spec it will show ones that aren't targeting me as green (Good), but, If I'm in my Tank spec it will show which ones are targeting me as green. Also, I used Tauntmaster before. It's another raid/party frames, but it will show which ones have aggro. If they do have aggro, you can simply click their frame and it will Taunt/Intervene/Etc based on Left/Middle/Right mouse click. It's configurable to which button does what, too.

AHHHH TauntMaster, why do you continue to haunt me.

Addons built on faulty principles only teach you reliance on a system that won't work. Never use TauntMaster because target of target is never a reliable method since there is no guarentee that what they are targeting is actually what they pulled threat on or if they will actually have the same target when you decide to use it. This addon is flawed at the very core of its design. It's good intentions with a lack of understanding of the greater scope of how the game really works.

TauntMaster is a BAD ADDON by it's very design it teaches you BAD TANKING PRACTICES. You can never rely on someone else to target what you need to taunt. You should never use this addon.

As for actual solutions to your problem the only reliable system is to use nameplates or a modification to nameplates such as TidyPlates - Threat Plates. You can not have unit frames for hostile units because there are no unit ids for them. A unit frame can only exist for a unit which can be referenced by a Blizzard provided unit id. And Blizzard does not provide unit ids for them other than mouseover, focus, target, party#/raid# targets and pet targets. You can only reference them relative to yourself. There is no means of referencing them all so you have to use nameplates.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Seriously, worst addon ever.

Never use TauntMaster because target of target is never a reliable method since there is no guarentee that what they are targeting is actually what they pulled threat on or if they will actually have the same target when you decide to use it.
    One example to demonstrate this point:

A player pulls threat on a mob. Instead of continuing to nuke it, he switches target to a tanked enemy. Right now, nobody is targetting the mob that is currently running towards the squishy wanting to plant a morning-star in his head. If you used tauntmaster, or any /cast [@targetstarget,harm,nodead]Taunt macro for that matter, it would taunt a mob you are currently tanking and the squishy would end up as a spot of red pulp on the ground.

The only Taunt spell currently in the game that can successfully identify and taunt a mob targetting a friendly player is Righteous Defense. And to use that you don't need tauntmaster, you can just use any Unit Frame and click on the frame that glows red.

Thanks for all the input tidy plates seems to do the job very well

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post

Addons built on faulty principles only teach you reliance on a system that won't work. Never use TauntMaster because target of target is never a reliable method since there is no guarentee that what they are targeting is actually what they pulled threat on or if they will actually have the same target when you decide to use it. This addon is flawed at the very core of its design. It's good intentions with a lack of understanding of the greater scope of how the game really works.

TauntMaster is a BAD ADDON by it's very design it teaches you BAD TANKING PRACTICES. You can never rely on someone else to target what you need to taunt. You should never use this addon.
    Thank-you, Thank-you, thank-you for writing this down. I have been pondering this addon and how it was supposed to target the mob needing to be taunted. Fine for a Pally, but no-one else has that kind of Taunt. Eventually after reading the instructions and trying to read the code ( which looks like something I might write ) I came to the same conclusion. It is basically a large code structure to give you macros that use @mouseover and @mouseovertarget which explains why I failed so very very very hard when I tried to use it.
    Thank-you.

+ Reply to Thread