+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamebreaker.tv hosts "The Raid" live at 9pm EST, 6pm PST!

Gamebreaker.tv hosts "The Raid" live at 9pm EST, 6pm PST!

It is with excitement that I announce that "The Raid" will be going live in 30 minutes!

"The Raid" is a documentary following the raiding lives of your very own Lore from Tankspot and his guild, Months Behind. Come see this amazing documentary following the trials and tribulations of a hardcore raiding guild as well as surprise guests before and after the show!

So if you're a fan of raiding, head on over to Gamebreaker.tv at the following link:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

A
    nd come support one of your own in his live debut on a documentary film!

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

"The Raid" is now LIVE! Join us!

If the first link doesn't work, come join us on the following link:

http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakertv/

A
    s we speak, there are around 8000+ people on the site. You do NOT want to miss this!

Tankspot Moderator

With that, the world premiere is done. However Gamebreaker.tv will be showing the documentary for another 72 hours for those who missed it! Hope you enjoyed it!

Please feel free to comment about the show below! I am sure Kevin would love to hear the feedback and we would also love to hear your thoughts on the Documentary!
    Last edited by Krenian; 08-07-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Tankspot Moderator

That was good. Pretty much tells me exactly how I have always felt as a raider and how other players do feel about the game and it's social aspects.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Watched this with my non-gamer girlfriend, and we both appreciated it.

It was pretty .....bad.

Video and fraps quality were really poor. And could they have perpetuated the stereotype of nerdy, fat, unhealthy, social outcasts even more? I mean, what rock did they find these ppl under lol.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I personally thought it was an amazing portrayal of what goes on.

As for video quality, it was probably just because of the live stream. I saw the film a few months ago on vimeo and it was much higher quality.

where can we see this if we missed it..looking for it ....
    Barzenak/Rigormorti/Anathon of Warcraft Commanders on Shadowsong.

link please..can not find

Gamebreaker had to record it, and then upload it to blip to encode ... it may take a while.

Thank u Dark. Patiently waiting for the upload . We were....raiding...

Quote Originally Posted by Tulireer View Post
    And could they have perpetuated the stereotype of nerdy, fat, unhealthy, social outcasts even more?
    I did cringe a little bit when they went into the whole "addiction" portion of the documentary, but I knew it was an inevitable topic anyway. They were right when they said that no one likes to admit that they are a gamer, let alone a serious raider in a MMO. It did push me to find and/or make a few t-shirts that say "I'm a gamer" though.

I really liked the bit about applying for a job and listing "surfer" as a hobby and finding that socially acceptable while listing "plays video games" would be frowned upon on the job app. That portion really sums up how I feel about how the professional world SHOULD consider serious MMO players. There is a large amount of coordination and planning that we learn as a skill through this.

I liked it, not sure how I would go about showing it to my non-gamer friends though. Don't think I could convince them to sit down for any documentary, let alone one about my crazy gaming addiction that keeps me in front of my computer 4-5 nights a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I personally thought it was an amazing portrayal of what goes on.

As for video quality, it was probably just because of the live stream. I saw the film a few months ago on vimeo and it was much higher quality.
    So I presume this means that at some point in the very near future there will be an easily accessed link to the full movie on GBTV which will allow we mortals to watch the movie for some limited period of time. Because my internet skills must be failing but I can't find the beggar!

it is up in hd now. Awesome job all just wish it was ...longer to be honest and showed more of how hard people work to beat the game in both time and commitment as a team.

I've been raiding competively in a hardcore guild for a couple years now and was looking forward to seeing this documentary and watched the livestream premiere last night. What a disappointment!

First, the video quality was extremely poor, the fraps quality was horrendous.

Secondly, under what rock did they find these people? I was horrified to see that was who they selected to represent the gaming community. From the serial killer looking guy that couldn't maintain eye contact with the camera to the neck bearded, mic eating, foul-mouth to the unemployed guy and the college drop-out internet addict, they were all socially awkward, strange looking people.

Third, they said raiding was hard, but they didn't go into the why. The research, planning, work, the math - all of what goes into making a successful endgame raid possible was not even touched on. The little fraps clips they included looked simply like pew-pew boss is dead and left out the complexities of gameplay and task-oriented teamwork and interaction required for a success.

Fourth, I was completely baffled by the girl gamers comments that Lore made. Compare his "nice" good girl to the neck beard mentioned above.

This documentary only served to reinforce every negative stereotype of gaming possible. Kevin Michael Johnson committed a great disservice to the gaming community and I sincerely hope this film never sees the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulireer View Post
    I've been raiding competively in a hardcore guild for a couple years now and was looking forward to seeing this documentary and watched the livestream premiere last night. What a disappointment!

First, the video quality was extremely poor, the fraps quality was horrendous.

Secondly, under what rock did they find these people? I was horrified to see that was who they selected to represent the gaming community. From the serial killer looking guy that couldn't maintain eye contact with the camera to the neck bearded, mic eating, foul-mouth to the unemployed guy and the college drop-out internet addict, they were all socially awkward, strange looking people.

Third, they said raiding was hard, but they didn't go into the why. The research, planning, work, the math - all of what goes into making a successful endgame raid possible was not even touched on. The little fraps clips they included looked simply like pew-pew boss is dead and left out the complexities of gameplay and task-oriented teamwork and interaction required for a success.

Fourth, I was completely baffled by the girl gamers comments that Lore made. Compare his "nice" good girl to the neck beard mentioned above.

This documentary only served to reinforce every negative stereotype of gaming possible. Kevin Michael Johnson committed a great disservice to the gaming community and I sincerely hope this film never sees the light of day.
    Thank you for your opinions, which you made abundantly clear in your last post.

Also, as I already said above and you completely ignored, the quality was because of the live stream. In the version of the movie released to donors a few months ago, it was not that distorted.

So if you want us to seriously listen to your objections please refrain from spamming your opinions and read what other people are saying.

As someone who's been raiding since The Burning Crusade:

I didnt mind the quality since I knew it was a live stream. Cant really expect it to be 1080p. I also know that a big movie studio didnt make this so despite the content being out dated I was fine with it. That said...

You didnt really explain what makes raiding hard besides the part of showing up each day and wiping. What is hard about raiding that is making you wipe? I was disappointed when the Lich King came up and all you said was "Yeah this dude is the hardest boss in the game", why was he the hardest boss in the game? Tell us why its hard to meet the DPS requirements and the dodging of shadow traps. You didnt show us any wipes on the Lich King either. You obviously didnt 1 shot it.

I would have also liked to see the video talk about the organizational challenges of getting a raid together, like recruiting 10 or 25 people that want to show up each night to raid.

Finally I didnt entirely like that it was all based on 1 guild. I would have liked to see people from different guilds interviewed.

I was very disappointed in this film. As an avid raider who has raided with a guild and as a pub, I have never encountered anyone as foul mouthed and embarrassing as the big guy screaming out so many profanities in this movie. I can't think of a single person I would dare to share this horrible production with. After months of looking forward to this film, it was not only a huge let down, but offensive as well. This level of profane and crude language was totally uncalled for and does not represent any of the people I play WOW with. What was the point of this type of content? In my opinion all this documentary did was portray us as crude, racist, and uncouth sub humans. The media is going to have a hay day with this film, and the WOW community will be the ones to pay for it. It could have been fairly good without all of the rude cursing and negative remarks about women gamers. Was this film screened at all before being shown? I hope that everyone who is embarrassed and appalled with the content of this movie speaks up and takes a stand, because you can bet your bottom dollar that the news media will be all over this very soon. I for one love the game of World of Warcraft and in no way do I want to be associated with what this film portrays as the average raider.

I think the flawed component was that it focused on 10 man raiding which in ICC was effectively a joke even on HM until you got to Lich King. Put this in a 25 man setting and things would have probably been different seeing as how 25 mans have always been harder and there is little room for error in certain aspects of raiding, whereas in a 10 man you fix one players errors and kill the boss, whereas in 25 man you are dealing with 15 more people who can screw up mechanics.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Also, if you think that guy is vulgar, you should have heard my guild's Vent chat some nights during ICC, it was way worse.

+ Reply to Thread