+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any advice on my new gear?

Any advice on my new gear?

I love my two trinkets but any advice on making me better. The only problem i have is sometimes i will lose aggro at start on trash and (non-raid) boss fights.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lucko/advanced

Thanks.

So I take it that I am fine?

You are missing three enchants and one gem.

Your mastery could be a bit higher, maybe think about doing Tol'barad dailies for the Mirror (321 mastery + spell resist use).

I'm no warrior expert but at a first glance I cannot see anything completely wrong with your talents or glyphs.

Get a non stam tinket. Two stam trinkets is overkill. Change your Blue Gem sockets to Puissant Dream emeralds, change your yellow sockets to Fractured Amberjewels.

Drop Gag Order. Finish off Deep Wounds and grab Incite.

If you're losing aggro on the pull its usually down to DPS idiocy, however in 5 mans it can also be down to rage/vengeance once you out gear them (if you have more epics than not you outgear all 5 man content), as a warrior this should be taken as a signal to build a squishier threat set. genrally you can just slap a 1h and shield onto your DPS set, though if you lack confidence in you healer just picking bits that are Mastery/hit or mastery hit will do. yYou could also be loosing aggro due to poor play. could you lgive us a detalied run through of you abitilly usage on the pull and shortly following it, as well as you sttandard rotation please.

Hello I am back with a much better upgrade. I ve taken your advise and things are better. Any additional advice with my new setup.

Looks good, i would take 2 points out of thunderstruck and put them into cruelty, improved revenge is also an option to scrap since devastate is better in almost all situations but its nice for 5mans.

Mantle of patience is better then the cloak you use atm and 359 rep boots have a bit more mastery or get the crafted 378 ones. Gemming looks good except for the 20strength/20mastery gem in the chest. Easiests upgrades might be the boe neck and bracers, they don't go for that much anymore on the AH if you have the money for it.

This is me http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rugly/advanced just starting with the heroic modes might be something you want to aim for 4set+ 96,4% CTC buffed.
    Last edited by Bigbad; 08-18-2011 at 11:06 PM.

this is rather rough Assuming you've take Deep Wounds, and have the +30% bleed debuff

~24k AP with a 346 or 353 weapon
    ~25k with a 359
    ~27K with a 365
    ~28k with a 372
    ~30K with a 378

and i didn't plot high enough AP values for a 391 but i think Rev will overtake somewhere in the 32-33k AP, I'm not entirely sure you'd be able to get that much vengeance/AP from gear. you can knock thsoe values down by about 2k if you're missing the bleed Debuff, and another ~3K if you skipped Deep wounds entirely. Losing War Academy knocks Dev behind rev once you past ~16k AP. Dropping Imp. Revenge removes Revenge entirely from our rotation unless you're shield's broken. This is all based on Damage per execute, if using a Revenge over a Deavstate allows you squeeze of another Heroic Strike it could very well be worth it considering HS's high crit rate with Incite and superb AP scaling.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 08-19-2011 at 06:51 AM.

My gear is better and my mastery is over 20% ....yet I do not know where to go from here other than:

Enchant boots
    Get Shoulders
    Get Helm
    Get shield

P.S. I was told I can single tank Baleroc but the healers having problems with keeping my HP over 90% during D's Strikes. When I dodge two of the 3 strikes, then we are fine but that is not always the case.

For normalmode just two tank him if your raiddps is sufficient, min/maxing stacks is only important on heroic mode.

Hint: Pop bloodlust for the very first shard and use defensive cooldowns on yourself while having your strongest soaker take it (two or even better one soaker), your healers should use their fastest (= expensive) heals on him to get high stacks and rotate intelligently afterwards. With enough stacks they can heal you with their low, regular heal. During decimation blade they should watch out for not having the buff running out and precast largs heals/save hopo and etc for burst heals after a hit.

+ Reply to Thread