+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Junkies

Forum Junkies

Hey guys! Papapaint, Darksend, and I have been plotting in our secret lair and are ready to announce the premier of our brand new webcast, FORUM JUNKIES.

Our show is a hybrid podcast/tubecast. Basically all the benefits of video without the disgusting side effect of seeing our ugly mugs.

Papapaint, Darksend, and I wanted to doing something that had that old TankSpot flavor & feel, but in a format that is more widely consumable. In a nutshell, we dig through WoW forums from across the internet and highlight interesting posts made by players. Since blue posts have become more & more "blah," players are stepping up to the plate, as they've always have, and presenting fresh ideas that often just get lost in the mix. We want those voiced to be heard.

I would also greatly appreciate and be humbled by your support by liking the show on Facebook , following it on Twitter, and adding us on Google+.

Papapaint, Darksend, and I hope you enjoy the product because it came from the heart, our love of TankSpot, and our respect for its awesome community.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 08-05-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Your twitter link in your post is to facebook, might want to fix that. The one in your signature is fine.

Live or pre-recorded?
    If live, what time?
    And where do people go to actually see/hear it live or archived?
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Your twitter link in your post is to facebook, might want to fix that. The one in your signature is fine.

Live or pre-recorded?
    If live, what time?
    And where do people go to actually see/hear it live or archived?
    Thanks for the catch!

The show is pre-recorded. We feel we can bring you a better product this way and makes it much easier to provide additional visual content.

The show will be hosted on Blip.TV, but you'll be able to watch it on Facebook & G+ as well. Also, since the visuals are a supplement to the audio, you'll be able to listen to it like a podcast on iTunes.

Speaking of, here is the link to Google+.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 07-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.

So, are you just gonna give us a "little sample", to gain our interest, in small increments, until we just "have to tune in, every time"?

Hah! Best of luck, and I may even check it out, though I draw certain lines, in my tech (it's an age thing)...
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    So, are you just gonna give us a "little sample", to gain our interest, in small increments, until we just "have to tune in, every time"?
    Ya... just the tip, just for a second.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Hah! Best of luck, and I may even check it out, though I draw certain lines, in my tech (it's an age thing)...
    Thanks for the regards and potential interest. We want to earn viewers' time through providing quality content. You can be the judge of that tomorrow, but I hope you are not disappointed.

As far as the "tech" is concerned, if you can watch a video online, you can watch Forum Junkies. The show tries to keep light-hearted so it doesn't turn into CSPAN, but is centered in providing thoughtful commentary on topics brought up by players.

Forum Junkies Episode1 is now up on the front page!

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...kies-Episode-1

I believe that Papapaint should use the reverb on the show! Just carry around a voice modulator all the time. People will think god is talking!

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    I believe that Papapaint should use the reverb on the show! Just carry around a voice modulator all the time. People will think god is talking!
    Ha! Yeah, having HQ headphones on while doing a recording session with PP is like having a conversation w/ Optimus Prime in a broom-closet. Putting reverb on that might be enough to spark a New Madrid earthquake. We chose the option w/ less potential mass destruction.

Episode 2 is up on the frontpage!

+ Reply to Thread