+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forum Junkies: Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by bludwork View Post
    First time listening and I'll rate it 6/10. I think parts of the show that were really interesting is when they got serious about the topic. just bringing up a topic just to laugh at it has no value really. If you think a topic is stupid then don't cover it, after all the point of the show is to bring up the interesting ones isn't it?
    We wanted to give the audience two looks. Some people have liked the more "serious face" segments, while others have enjoyed the more lighthearted segments. Really, the best way for us to tailor the product to the majority audience liking is to receive lots of feedback, so I appreciate your candor. It can also be done via FB polls & question responses, Twitter question responses, etc., which is the primary reason for our social media push, not because it is the "hip" thing to do.

I will say this, however, with the exception of the Cool Story Bro segment, none of the posts we bring up will be for the purpose of lampooning the subject or author. We may break off on a humorous tangent now and again, and some topics, like MoB intelligence and behavior, can just end up being naturally funny, but our primary goal is to provide thoughtful commentary on each subject.

I enjoyed the humor. I was already aware of a lot of the posts discussed, so the banter was the main draw for me.

It was good, and I look forward to you guys doing another one. The only (hopefully constructive) criticism I have would be that the audio was kind of all over the place, but it sounds like that might be a difficult problem to fix since I assume you are recording via Skype.

Good job guys!
    My Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 Hard Mode Patch Playthrough
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL735F1B73D40B4E3D&feature=mh_lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Bookie View Post
    The only (hopefully constructive) criticism I have would be that the audio was kind of all over the place, but it sounds like that might be a difficult problem to fix since I assume you are recording via Skype.
    Thanks Bookie! The audio was a bit of a challenge, especially since I had to record on a secondary computer using an inferior program than I'm use to... but Papapaint does all our audio mastering, so he's a better person to ask. Things should be better next episode!

In addition to the FF11 aggro systems some mobs were also aggro to certain senses like visual or smell so you could use potions to turn invisible and run by them no matter what lvl u were because they didnt have a aggro radius.
    Dont get made at life, no one makes it out alive.

I definately have to agree with the audio problems. When I listened to it, Darksend had the worst sound and especially when he got angry and screamed the volumes were just up in the air and I had to lower it and then raise it afterwards. Spiritus and Papapaint sounds very clear and crisp.

Also, I like the serious discussion even though I have to admit some humorous inputs are needed not to make it totally all seriousness. However, the whole CC-thing got a little bit out of hand which you could tell by Papapaint trying to make an interesting point but couldn't get it through because of Darksend making his "rabbit rant". So laughs and all are good, but a good comedian knows when to stop

Looking forward to the next episode though, it's always interesting to hear other people's opinions on stuff in the game, especially other end-game raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by krilz View Post
    I definately have to agree with the audio problems. When I listened to it, Darksend had the worst sound and especially when he got angry and screamed the volumes were just up in the air and I had to lower it and then raise it afterwards. Spiritus and Papapaint sounds very clear and crisp.
    That is an unfortunate side effect of DS using a 140.jpg for our recordings [+1 Internets if you had one of these (+5 if you still have one [+10 if you can see it from your computer])]. EDIT: +50 Internets if you still occasionally pass the mic in front of the speakers for the awesome feedback sound.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 07-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Haha, it got the job done though.
    My Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 Hard Mode Patch Playthrough
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL735F1B73D40B4E3D&feature=mh_lolz

Quote Originally Posted by anewgenre View Post
    In addition to the FF11 aggro systems some mobs were also aggro to certain senses like visual or smell so you could use potions to turn invisible and run by them no matter what lvl u were because they didnt have a aggro radius.
    That was talked about in the scrapped recording and I caught to much crap for playing a a game that had a spell called "deoderize" that I didn't bring it up in this one.As for the other post which I can't quote because im on my cell phone, go read the comments on YouTube on the raid guides I did for TS, I know my voice is just absolutely "awesome"

papapaint has such a sexy voice! I want to talk to him in real life to get the true ambiance of it!
    Awwww Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Yantzee View Post
    papapaint has such a sexy voice! I want to talk to him in real life to get the true ambiance of it!
    Thank you. It's worth pointing out here that I actually have to speak quite softly over the phone or people complain that my voice distorts.

Why is that one guy yelling all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkanockers View Post
    Why is that one guy yelling all the time?
    If you want to know the truth, which I don't think I have told anyone before actually, when I was 4-5 years old I was in the doctors office every other month with ear infections which severely crippled my hearing and left me with no sense of volume when I speak.

nice to hear papa's educated opinions on such topics.

-Crimsin

Awesome ty for replying to my comment Darksend, i will be sure to watch that vid u talking about. Also on a side note cant wait to watch the Raid movie coming this weekend , i saw the trailer were you are interviewed and made me more excited. Looking forward to the next Forum Junkies.
    Dont get made at life, no one makes it out alive.

Fantastic! Adding this to my list of vids to watch.

Like the show, like the concept, like the hosts, enjoyed the intelligent conversation, and will certainly watch for the next one.

Minor technical quibble: I hate bunnies too, but raising your voice that much into a microphone results in a fair amount of jarring static on the listener's end, which detracts a bit from the Funny.

You guys should do a "donor of the week" guest segment... I know alot of us in there would offer interesting counterpoints. I nominate Bov or Kaze to start.

And they should so make a fight about NOT healing... like, where anything over 10,000 is overhealing. /sarcasm
    Last edited by Kemanorel; 08-03-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemanorel View Post
    And they should so make a fight about NOT healing... like, where anything over 10,000 is overhealing. /sarcasm
    Chimaeron's not a good counterpoint, to be honest. Not only is it ONLY predictable burst damage 100% of the time, but it actually requires even less active decision making than any other fight in cataclysm. It's still the same exact model of:
    Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing OHGODHEALEVERYTHING Nothing Nothing Nothing CasualIncidentalHeal Nothing OHGODHEALEVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Storn View Post
    Fantastic! Adding this to my list of vids to watch.
    Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by lauragnome View Post
    Minor technical quibble: I hate bunnies too, but raising your voice that much into a microphone results in a fair amount of jarring static on the listener's end, which detracts a bit from the Funny.
    DS's mic situation should be fixed for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemanorel View Post
    You guys should do a "donor of the week" guest segment... I know alot of us in there would offer interesting counterpoints. I nominate Bov or Kaze to start.
    We will definitely have quests on up coming shows, but we came to the collective decision to have them on for the entire episode; more of a guest co-host, rather than a guest spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    DS's mic situation should be fixed for the next episode.
    Apparently skype was lagging the entire recording and it made me autotuned so they decided to use that instead of my source recording. O.o

... if only ...

+ Reply to Thread