+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Junkies: Episode 1

Forum Junkies: Episode 1

On the premier episode, the gang discusses forum posts on topics including: dynamic encounter strategy [Illidra|TankSpot], the dirty truth about meters [Lhivera|O-boards], "Ask the Devs" healing edition [Pavidus|O-boards], and the changes to CC in 4.2 [Kahmal|TankSpot]. Don't forget to hit us up on Twitter, Facebook, & Google+!
    Last edited by Spiritus; 07-29-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Honestly, this was a lot better than I was expecting for a first show. An excellent start to your series.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Honestly, this was a lot better than I was expecting for a first show. An excellent start to your series.
    I'm glad you liked it! There was a lot of brain & sweat power that went into this. We actually completely scrapped our first recording because the first format we came up with just didn't work in practice. I think this format works well and flows.

Overall I really enjoyed listening to this first episode. I look forward to listening to Darksend hopefully freak out about something every week.

Oh and cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Korriban_Destromath View Post
    Overall I really enjoyed listening to this first episode. I look forward to listening to Darksend hopefully freak out about something every week.
    Darksend does put the rage into the ragebar. I'm pretty certain you'll not have to worry about at least one mini-freakout every week!

Oh and cool story bro.
    Same to you, Junkie, same to you. =P

Overall I really enjoyed listening to this first episode. I look forward to listening to Darksend hopefully freak out about something every week.Oh and cool story bro.
    IS IT SO WRONG TO LIKE MASSACREING BUNNIES? they throw dirt at you!

That last question reminded me of this comic from vanilla: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...oriko-full.jpg

So you could say we have been "complaining" about mobs pulling behavior since vanilla =P

Very good. I'm listening to The Instance as well, which is more focused at the casual perception of the game and the fun personality of the hosts as well as news, this is a great completion from hardcore raiders perspectives. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    That last question reminded me of this comic from vanilla: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...oriko-full.jpgSo you could say we have been "complaining" about mobs pulling behavior since vanilla =P
    WIN! Shoulda had that on the video lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    That last question reminded me of this comic from vanilla: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...oriko-full.jpg

So you could say we have been "complaining" about mobs pulling behavior since vanilla =P
    That comic is priceless! It totally took me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Very good. I'm listening to The Instance as well, which is more focused at the casual perception of the game and the fun personality of the hosts as well as news, this is a great completion from hardcore raiders perspectives. Great job.
    Yeah, we wanted to bring a smidgen of "serious face" w/o losing the entertainment value. We hope to keep it accessible & not really get into super-technical junk. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Very enjoyable, guys!

I like the patter--and, even the "Joisy accent"...

Showing the questions is good--maybe, at some later date, you could show small clips of whatever it is you're discussing, even if just raw colour maps and stick figures? (Just spit-balling stuff--it is a video format, eh?)

At any rate, it was interesting, to actually hear voices put to paragraphs I've been reading, for all this time...

Also, want to mention that I am liking the CC change, a great deal...I think maybe the only ones really finding it awkward, are the tanks, who, at least initially, perceived some loss of control over the pulls. I really don't think it would be that difficult to adjust to it, though (admittedly, I haven't tanked in a couple of years, but I don't think I'd mind the help, either). What I really like, from a dps (Hunter--Shadow Priest) pov, is that I can employ my CC, without so much risk, and with less concern about lag timing...

It actually promotes the use of CC, in a group setting...which may just make pugging slightly more enjoyable...(ughh)

BTW, I won't "friend" you on facebook, because I don't do that sorta thing...I also hate Twitter, and I'll probably post that in my Blog, sometime (yeah, right)...hah!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

The only problem I have with the new CC is that unless you are watching the group when the Shaman hexes the flamecaster or the mage turns the healer into a penguin or a monkey, at a glance you can't tell that something is CC'ed. There are a ton of frogs and stuff jumping around in ZA and ZG, and sometimes I say: "will you hex that mob already?" and the Shaman replies that he did so 20 seconds ago.

This is quite aside from the "hey, Bob has turned into a frog"... "cool story bro" scenarios (I decided that all mobs in WoW must be baked out of their minds on whatever stuff grows nearby, so their friend turning into a penguin or an ice-cube will be the very least of their problems)

On CC...

Take the worst pug you've ever been in. Double the intelligence. Now you have the intellegence of the mobs.

For example, not noticing a healer out of mana. Does this person even knows what color the healer's mana bar is? Do you think this person would notice if their healer was a sheep?

So clearly by comparison, trash packs in instances have slightly more intelligence than the worst pug. The trash just didn't get very lucky with the luck of the draw buff.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-29-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Typo Report: Intro, "Starring" is spelled with two Rs. Well, unless the Forum Report is looking intently at something. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Showing the questions is good--maybe, at some later date, you could show small clips of whatever it is you're discussing, even if just raw colour maps and stick figures? (Just spit-balling stuff--it is a video format, eh?)
    We have discussed this and will include more multi-media in the future, but initially more as a supplement to the audio, since we want the show to still play well in an audio only format. Meaning, we would prefer to say "Moving in a zig-zag pattern is best" and show b-roll of the zig-zag, rather than "You should move like what is being shown in the video" and have the audio listener go "gee, thanks...."

Quote Originally Posted by Goins2754 View Post
    Typo Report: Intro, "Starring" is spelled with two Rs. Well, unless the Forum Report is looking intently at something. =D
    Thanks for the catch! Its funny how the simple stuff often slips through the cracks. Already fixed in the files for next week.

Pretty decent guys. I'll have to listen to a couple more before getting a good read on it but decent. I was entertained.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Not that CC is really hard in firelands, In fact we hardly cc anything. you can single pull the entire zone if you are careful, the most difficult pulls coming from beths area.
    The Pwnstar Puddin, Now in a Fun Sized Goblin Shell.

GSL Music!! Oh and gj with the first episode

First time listening and I'll rate it 6/10. I think parts of the show that were really interesting is when they got serious about the topic. just bringing up a topic just to laugh at it has no value really. If you think a topic is stupid then don't cover it, after all the point of the show is to bring up the interesting ones isn't it?

Great show guys, looking forward to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

+ Reply to Thread