+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rage Gains Tracker

Rage Gains Tracker

Sup,

Looking for an addon, or log parser, that tracks all my rage gains and tells me how much rage I have gone through at the end of a fight.

Ditto.

I believe Recount can track rage gains. It has code in the files to do so but I can't remember if it has a display window for it or not. I know power gains are shown for sure like mana and runic power but can't remember if rage was actually included or not. It won't be able to tell you how much rage you consumed, but it would be able to tell you how much you gained (not including any gains beyond maximum).

Rage Spent = Rage Gained + Starting Rage - Ending Rage
    Which basically means the amount of rage you spent will always be within 100 rage of the the amount recorded as Rage Gained.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-29-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Checked in game, it only counts active abilities, ie glyphed Zerker Rage.

Is there a way to query that with world of logs?

I don't believe that event is in the combat log since recount already checks both events. The combat log contains the _ENERGIZE and _DRAIN events which can adjust a player's power when caused by an ability, proc, or consumable effect however normal energy/rage/mana regeneration is not included in these events. I also double checked World of Logs and confirmed that it isn't logged.

You would need an addon which is monitoring the UNIT_POWER event and this information would only be available while in game. For example, unit frame addons use this event for updating the display of how much rage you have, however they don't track this information. I'm not aware of any addon which does what you want today. If I were going to tackle a project like it I would probably try and create a dependent addon and have it plug into some other system (like write the method of recording the data but use Recount to display it similar to how absorbs used to be a separate recount module).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread