+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rage

Rage

I can do awesome in raids, but at this time heroics i will not tank them... I dont have rage. Even if i somehow get a full bar of rage its gone in no time and im not getting anymore it seems inc. MY single target rotation is SS > REV > DEV > DEV sometimes throwing in HS "IF" i have rage and always making sure SS then REV is at the top of my priorities. AOE is Rend > Thunderclap > Cleave repeat including Shockwave. Ill be honest my threat isnt the problem its just GETTING rage.

In heroics.... lol my rage never gets above 50% it seems even if i pull a grp of mobs at a time. I dont use hit or exp cause your not supposed to. Can anyone tell me why this is? Am i just rage starved? Idk I wont tank untill i get a solid answer, well heroics atleast. Or untill the fix the tab thing. WOW thats annoying. Btw evertime i do pull i use a shout OR B Rage. Please respond. ty

My profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/norgannon/Hitma/simple

Becuase 5mans don't hit as hard as raid bosses. The amount of rage you get depends on how hard the hit you take is. If i'm tanking an HC I generally will throw on my arms gear, a hit mastery 1hander and a hit mastery shield, generally i'll only have a little less armour, less avoidance and less block and a little less healh, (but the 15% buff counters that), i take more damage, get more rage, & vengeance stacks quicker. Being hit and expertise capped means i get rage from white swings a littlemore regularly and i'm gauranteed my abilites will land. generall pulling about 14k dps on things like the first boss of lost city.

teng is completely correct. I stopped tanking on my druid and warrior at the end of wrath for heroics because of this. If someone is tickling you its gonna take a while for you to get pissed off vs if they were straight up trying to punch your momma thru you.

Also if its the non troll heroics you're getting rage starved in try moving up to the trolls.

or tanking the as Arms, thats always worth a laugh.

hey

Holy crap your totaly right. I have arms gear and ill tank in it. I can do Zuls like a pro tryed it for the first time. ( Dps it alot of times ) and its SO easy to tank. And that with my tank gear. So non trolls ill just put on some dps gear. lmao Great idea. THanks again. * punches self in face for not thinking of that* so i was right its just being rage starved. and yah that been around for a while just seemed worse in the cata heros now.

If you haven't already, get yourself a wardrobe mod (like itemrack or closetgnome or even the use the built in one) and make yourself a 'threat' set, and maybe even a 'lol heroics' set. Make it easy for yourself to switch between a set that has tons of hit+expertise and one that is tuned for max survival. You'll probably find you use this set on trash clears as well as troll runs. For example, my threat set has 2xT11 and 2xT12 set bonuses, license to slay trinket, some high hit/expertise items and a dps 1 hander with landslide.

You don't need an addon for that, it's base functionality now (in fact the addons you mention actually use the base functionality to function more efficiently).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread