+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cata Raids

Cata Raids

I am a 85 MM hunter and my ilvl is 344. I know I'm not ready yet, but I need like a general rundown of the new raids. I don't want to jump in and look dumb. Also is there a crit cap? I have my hit capped and from what I understand for hunters its hit>crit>haste>mastery. Thanks for your help.

You probably are ready, Tier11 was tuned for 346 gear. It's since been nerfed by 20%.

The Crit cap will be 100.6% minus whatever passive crit you get from your spec. Raid buffs also count towards it. For example my Subtlety rogue has a talent that gives his Ambush a 60% chance to crit, his crit cap for ambush is 40.6% from buffs and gear. Becuae not all my moves are affected by this talent this cap is not the only cap, merely the first one, i have another talent that increases my Backstab's crit chance by 30% so i have a second crit cap at 70.6% at that point my backstabs are guaranteed to crit, i have a Glyph which increases my eviscerates by 10% so i have a 3rd crit cap at 90.6%crit, and lastly my hardcap is 100.6% since at that point all my abilities will crit if thy connect.

I'm not to familiar with MM hunters, I beleive they have a talent with gives their aimed shot 60% crit chance against targets abve 90% health which would make 40.6% your first crit cap, Glyph of SS adds 6% crit to Serpent sting so theres a cap at 94.6% i guess.

Thank you so much

+ Reply to Thread