+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone use this website? (Not meaning Tankspot)

Does anyone use this website? (Not meaning Tankspot)

The website I'm referring to is:

askmrrobot.com

I don't know it seems helpful although maybe the stats prior are messed up for Warrior Tank.

It has these stats (uneditted for me):

Parry: 1.54
    Dodge: 1.496
    Mastery: 1
    Stamina: 0.6

Meaning basically this:
    [h=5]weight:[/h]The relative value of a stat compared to other stats.

I thought mastery was more in weight then Dodge & Parry. In my opinion, maybe Dodge should be 1 and Parry should be 1.496 & then Master at 1.54

I don't know just thought I'd try asking, cause it does help somethimes I think with enchants & Prior of gear in certain situations I think.

Anyway thanks again,

Blackbeared.

Oh dam. I just realized I posted in wrong section. Can somebody put this in HALP! I need advice or the appropiate forum. Cause I don't see an option to delete it.

Very sorry once again!

Tried it once but prefer chardev now that its updated for 4.2 can just play around with gearsets a bit. Won't give any advice but i find it much nicer to use.

Looking at the stat values it seems it doesn't take into account diminshing returns

Does anyone use this website? (Not meaning Tankspot)

I really like askmrrobot.com....for my dps alts / offspec. I find that I trust my own research more for tanking and healing.

It's a great tool for optimizing hit/exp/caster stats/ etc on dps.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I've found it to be the worst of the "sim" options, really.

Since I'm an enhance shaman, I find the tool specifically built for me to be the most useful (EnhSim), however Rawr is decent, though better for some classes than others. Simcraft seems really bad to me, but some people swear by it...again, probably class-based.

If you're just looking for a "how do I reforge my gear to hit my cap(s) without making a mess of it?" I find wowreforge to be pretty good...though since my caps and gear tend to be a little convoluted it can sometimes take a while to get it right.

I like Rawr for poking around with gearsets and seeing quick changes, I like EnhSim for pure "is this going to be better dps?" type questions and wowreforge is great to fix my reforging...simcraft and mrrobot are...less good, in my experience.

Well it's not so much only for enchants or reforge. It's just overall . But I'll try EnhSim, Rawr, Wowreforge etc just to see the big difference in the lot of them.

Although somethimes research is annoying, it is needed.

Btw Ion you have 1337 post. Nice one. Sorry had to make that reference.

Greetz!

The issue with askmrrobot is that it's stat weights seem really off and it really seems as if it does a poor job with warriors overall with all specs.

Those are the stats IF you character had 0 mastery, parry and dodge, it automatically adjusts them behind the scenes as you get more mastery or avoidance ratings. I find it a really good tool,though part of that is that the first time i used ti itold me i needed to change nothing.

I also rather like Simcraft, though for prot warriors you have to tell it your rotation as the default one is pants. and you also have to acoount for the static threat boni and other threat modifyers

+ Reply to Thread